Trippers 1905 Style

JennyMorgan

Most definitely, JM, nice frock, hair up and no doubt some heels under there :dance

An absolutely delightful picture :clap I often wonder how behaviour has changed too, I wonder if they lit a bbq over the gas locker or hit a few boats whilst mooring up without so much as a by your leave (I think that's how the saying goes), or a glass or two at the helm lol :facepalm:

Grace

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Gracie said:

Most definitely, JM, nice frock, hair up and no doubt some heels under there :dance

An absolutely delightful picture :clap I often wonder how behaviour has changed too, I wonder if they lit a bbq over the gas locker or hit a few boats whilst mooring up without so much as a by your leave (I think that's how the saying goes), or a glass or two at the helm lol :facepalm:

Grace

I will have to dig it out but I have somewhere in a box a delightful Edwardian book on  touring the Broads. It gives such amazing advice on how to dispose of rubbish by hammering metal refuse and tying everything up so that it sinks when you throw it overboard. :shocked It gives guidance that gentlemen should have had their early morning swim before 8am so that the ladies may swim without seeing naked blokes. (Although this left me with two questions. 1. what about the blokes being all dressed watching the naked ladies 2.surely the women would be up making the tea and cooking the breakfast anyway?). It also gave advice on not playing the piano forte or your banjo after a certain time in the evening. So all in all I'd say there was more rubbish about, more naked people and just as much loud music...but dare I say it more 'woodies' in more ways than one!:naughty:

• Like 5