Please Don't Throw Up!

JennyMorgan

Hi Griff,

While you are in the area have a look at the Cavendish Hotel in Haversage, very good for a special meal or if you can afford it spend a night or two there. 

Tan & I have been there on a couple of occasions for anniversaries, never stopped but on the last occasion we were shown around one of the rooms by my cousin who used to be a Receptionist there, very nice but ouch!

Regards

Alan

19 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Derbyshire isn't such a bad place. Chatsworth, for example, stunning. 

Lori, do you live in the Peak District Real National Park?

We live in chesterfield with the hills all around us , my favourite place is castleton & edale , you get such beautiful views up there,we don't actually live IN the peak district but we're just on the edge , i think it actually begins at about hathersage. Lori

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loribear said:

We live in chesterfield with the hills all around us , my favourite place is castleton & edale , you get such beautiful views up there,we don't actually live IN the peak district but we're just on the edge , i think it actually begins at about hathersage. Lori

Is that the rather nice place with the wonky church spire and where the inhabitants all speak with funny accents?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Lori,

Was the video taken from the road that goes over the top from above Winnats Pass down into Edale?

Regards

Alan

Yes alan it is , & it's lovely , we often sit there & watch the clouds moving over the hillsides. Lori

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

Is that the rather nice place with the wonky church spire and where the inhabitants all speak with funny accents?

Yes it is jenny lol , the crooked spired spire , you can go up there on certain days , but i have'nt yet , too high for me lol , the weather vein was actually put up by fred dibnah i think. Lori

Met Fred once, he came to a local steam engine rally. He showed me & my wife great courtesy by doing us a decent brew as he explained the ins and outs of his engine. I often wonder if he had as much trouble understanding me as I did him. I like the warmth and down to earth nature of Northern Folk, and Fred was one of the best!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Met Fred once, he came to a local steam engine rally. He showed me & my wife great courtesy by doing us a decent brew as he explained the ins and outs of his engine. I often wonder if he had as much trouble understanding me as I did him. I like the warmth and down to earth nature of Northern Folk, and Fred was one of the best!

Yes Peter good old gradley Lancashire lad Fred From the right side of the Pennines. :hardhat:

John

I've met a few from the other side too, apart from the terrible jokes they aren't a bad bunch!

Not sure whether it's a case of Northern men knowing how to treat their women or whether the women like mothering their menfolk, either way, an excellent culture, one to be encouraged!! Mixing with Northern anglers who's womenfolk keep them plied with sarnies & bevvies whilst they fish has hugely impressed me, obviously a sign of an excellent upbringing. Southern lasses please take note!

• Like 2