A Pea Souper This Morning

ranworthbreeze

Out in the sticks away from the rivers it's foggy and I can imagine some parts out here will be pretty bad - you know the places it always lies.:naughty:

If your on your boat, best have another cuppa and snuggle back up in bed until it starts to clear.cheersbar (where's the cuppa emoji when you need it?).

Couldn't see my way out of Surlingham  broad this morning, stayed there last night on the mud weight.

Now in Norwich yacht station. A bit different to yesterday it was glorious cruising from Beccles to Surlingham all the way with the top down. might be Surlingham or Rockland tonight, Oh the decisions:naughty:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, paul&lorna said:

Couldn't see my way out of Surlingham  broad this morning, stayed there last night on the mud weight.

Now in Norwich yacht station. A bit different to yesterday it was glorious cruising from Beccles to Surlingham all the way with the top down. might be Surlingham or Rockland tonight, Oh the decisions:naughty:

Hi Paul & Lorna,

I would take in the visit to Rockland Staithe before they start the dredging next month.

14th November through to 23rd December 2016 and 9th January through to 20th January 2017. 

Regards

Alan

8 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Paul & Lorna,

I would take in the visit to Rockland Staithe before they start the dredging next month.

14th November through to 23rd December 2016 and 9th January through to 20th January 2017. 

Regards

Alan

It does need it, was up there a couple of weeks ago.

saw Ranworth Breeze moored at the Ferry Surlingham this morning.

Paul, On the boat on my own for a few nights.:naughty:cheers:dance

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Our view at the viaduct moorings. It should be a nice day once the fog has lifted.

WP_20161026_08_34_28_Pro.jpg

Hi Simon,

I think these are one of my favourite moorings.  When the sky is clear, there`s no wind, and the sun is going down, they are truly spectacular. Add to that, they are within a few minutes walk to Wroxham with all, or at least most, of the facilities you will need when afloat, but far enough away to be quiet and peaceful.  I don`t think it could get any better than that?.

1 hour ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Hi Simon,

I think these are one of my favourite moorings.  When the sky is clear, there`s no wind, and the sun is going down, they are truly spectacular. Add to that, they are within a few minutes walk to Wroxham with all, or at least most, of the facilities you will need when afloat, but far enough away to be quiet and peaceful.  I don`t think it could get any better than that?.

That is until they close half the mooring for good. :facepalm:

• Like 1

Sadly no. Due to under use, supposedly, the BA are letting the lease go on half the viaduct mooring, the bit the furthest away from the bridge and retaining half as well as the stern on basin. Thought that was common knowledge? has been discussed for ages else where. Unless I'm behind the times and there has been a change of heart due to the sudden loss of moorings down river at Horning?

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that, when was the picture taken?

Loddon one of our favorite mooring locations and its an haven in windy weather.

We moored there a few years ago when the trees were shedding their seeds, talk about sap on the boat, mind you not as bad as once moored in Brundall when earwigs were landing on the boat after being blown in the wind.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Hi Alan, that was taken about 11.00 this morning.

I didn't take any photo's leaving Loddon, but the works that are going on from the Hardley mooring up to Chedgrave

are looking very good, it's a pity some of the Chet getting there is still very narrow in places.