I Saw This Report In The Edp And Thought Of Other Scooter Users

2 hours ago, BroadScot said:

Yes it is as far as I know a class 2.  I bought mine online and saved over £500.00. Most of the mobility shops the prices are eyewatering. I tried several in those shops till I found what I wished to purchase, then bought online.

cheersIain

The start of the demise of mobility shops, I feel if many are like minded.

Charlie

2 hours ago, Wildfuzz said:

I regularly see an older gentleman on a scooter running along the A149 between Sutton and Stalham, there are many back roads that he could access but insists on using the Stalham By Pass. I can see why sometimes they are given a negative press, its like cars I guess some good drivers and a few who are "less" good.

On an aside, when working in Clacton many years ago there was an elderly Nun who was living in a retirement home, she would fly along the lower prom with her habit trailing behind her in a bright red scooter, her walking stick held in front like a knights lance, She was known as "the Flying Nun" many times she was reported for poking pedestrians out of her path, she had a fair turn of speed to. Lol.

I got knocked off the lower prom by one while fishing a fair few years ago. About 10ft drop luckily the tide had just fell from the wall bottom.. What I see is a lot of fat lazy people using these rather than walking. I AM DISABLED BEFORE ANY ONE STARTS SHOUTING AT ME. I CANT WALK MUCH FURTHER THAN 50 YARD DUE TO MY HEART. I HAVE OSTEOARTHRITIS OF THE SPINE, HAVE JUST BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH OCPD HAVE PROSTRATE CANCER SCIATICA AND TROUBLESOME HIPS  but i walk stop walk some more in agony I wont give in to my trouble I dont want sympathy what I would like to see is people vetted and only people in a genuine real need allowed to get/use one.

Charlie

1 hour ago, kfurbank said:

I don't know how it works online, but I know from our local shop that if you are registered disabled or have certain needs then many products can be purchased free of the dreaded VAT upon making a declaration.

Yes I did get VAT relief, but one has to ask why so much dearer in the shop. My Psoriatic Arthritis is growing progressivly worse, my feet especialy. The scooter has been a godsend to me, as the next item will be a wheelchair otherwise. I am on full DLA but have to be reassessed for PIP.. Scooters are not a gimmick, they are an aid

I use to walk round two golf courses often in a day, I miss walking along the beach, thankfully with my scooter I can do the beach path still.

cheersIain

• Like 4