Some observations from our half-term week

Jupes

Rather than a tale, I thought I would just highlight some of our happenings and findings from our week out.

On board, myself, the skipper (Adam), rope waller (Lydia) and our dog Mercury.

Overnights at:-

Bramerton

Rockland St Mary - visited the New Inn for the first time, I went in at lunchtime to book at table for the evening and it was packed with people eating. The food was excellent and it is a really cosy pub with lots of games, magazines and the daily papers to get comfy with. Well worth a stop and they have electric cards behind the bar too.

Loddon Staithe - ??? a yacht covered up for the winter without people and hooked up to the electrical point ??? Fantastic meal at the Dilraj, probably the best Indian food we have ever eaten and we will definitely go back. Well worth a visit. For the first time, recognised Kingfishers, several of them on the way down to the Chet however, never close enough to get the camera out duh!

WRC - met Lucky and family and his tekdek looks very good. Beautiful boat and good to meet you both. Lydia had a friend to stay and enjoyed the pool and play area.

Oulton Broad - moored perfectly in our favourite spot overlooking the rowing boats and the broad having had the proverbial taken out of us by Pete, Paul and crew who do a fantastic job. Great to hear from them that they are over 1000 boats up this year compared to last year and last year was their best year ever. Well done guys!! :clap. Another superb dinner at the Red Herring, we will back very soon. Adam had a belly pork and haricot bean cassoulet type of thing which was so good, I have spent most of this evening looking for a similar recipe on the internet to repeat at home. I had the fillet steak with devilled kidneys, which went really well together and had a great kick. Lydia and a different friend had the burger with brie and bacon. Lovely friendly service and a great heated outdoor area for the smokers. Also bought some of the beer cured black bacon from the butchers for bacon butties the following morning and it was delicious, so nice to eat proper well cured bacon.

WRC - Halloween party at the Waveney Inn to give Lydia her Halloween experience. They had done a great job of decorating the pub and to Lydia's delight, she managed to win the kids doughnut ring contest...... We didn't fare as well in the adults competitions :oops: . As Lydia missed being judged in the costume competition, Martin gave her a huge box of choccies which was lovely of them. Thanks :clap . A good night was had.

Homeward bound - having had no contact or TV reception, we woke up to horrendous winds and high tides on Sunday morning and deliberated for quite some time on what our course of action should be. We eventually headed home in 40mph winds, experienced an engine failure and came across a boat which had lost its propshaft on the New Cut and was stuck. We attempted to help them, however, the inshore lifeboat arrived in the nick of time.

One other point, there are now pontoon moorings at Hardley Mill with two electric points :o:dance just south of Cantley.

One other point, there are now pontoon moorings at Hardley Mill with two electric points just south of Cantley.

Shhhh dont tell everyone. It is nice there though. Stopped a couple of times the other week. Amazed i couldn't use 50p electric even with a fan heater on, would have used 3 times that in our yard :o

Shhhh dont tell everyone. It is nice there though. Stopped a couple of times the other week. Amazed i couldn't use 50p electric even with a fan heater on, would have used 3 times that in our yard :o

We noticed those too. I'm sure at easter when we passed that way they were being used as moorings for work barges, so we were quite surprised to find they were now available to the public!