The Big Move

riyadhcrew

Good morning peeps,

The time has arrived!!!!

After almost 6 years here in Riyadh, we are leaving today. We are on a plane tonight to Jakarta to put our 2 cats in quarantine, before we can take them to Bali. 

It maybe a bit tough for me to be on the forum for the next few days, but I will do my best.

• Like 13

Best Wishes Eric

hope all goes well, will be thinking of you.

will this mean a name change to Bali Crew ( or suppose it could be Bali McCrew..... Which would sound a bit like a Trumpton character..... Anyone of a certain age will get this)

anyway safe journey all of you

• Like 8

Hi Eric

Hope all is going well for you and good luck with the move

Please don't go calling yourself Trumpton or whatever (I think Dave's lost the plot lol) Bali McCrew is good though or just BaliCrew :naughty: What a place to move to, at least you won't have to drive for miles for a beer

Seriously though, all the best to you and your girls

Grace :kiss

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Hi Eric

Hope all is going well for you and good luck with the move

Please don't go calling yourself Trumpton or whatever (I think Dave's lost the plot lol) Bali McCrew is good though or just BaliCrew :naughty: What a place to move to, at least you won't have to drive for miles for a beer

Seriously though, all the best to you and your girls

Grace :kiss

Thought you would have got this one Grace with it being about the Trumpton firemen and all...... Will have to try and find a clip for you

• Like 1

Just getting ready to leave Jakarta and go to Bali. I thought that the hassle involved with getting the cats out of Riyadh was bad, well, the hassle of getting them into Indonesia is worse. It's taken us all week and a lot of money to get things organised and now we have to get an agent to transfer them to Bali, although we don't know yet how long they will have to stay in quarantine.

"You she Mish Money Penny, my cover wash blown. Thanksh to thoshe meddling kidsh on NBN NOC my life ash an international shecret agent and farting camel shmuggler wash over. I don't know who firsht made the connection between my scottishnesh, ShSean Connery accshent and the numbersh of farting camelsh coming to the Broadsh from Riyadh but the gamesh were over. Such is the life of a shecret agent Money Penny...one minute its camelsh, the next pushsy galore in Bali"

Good luck Eric!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, riyadhcrew said:

Just getting ready to leave Jakarta and go to Bali. I thought that the hassle involved with getting the cats out of Riyadh was bad, well, the hassle of getting them into Indonesia is worse. It's taken us all week and a lot of money to get things organised and now we have to get an agent to transfer them to Bali, although we don't know yet how long they will have to stay in quarantine.

baksheesh or real charges?

• Like 1

Well, we have safely arrived in Bali and the rain was absolutely chucking it down. I'd forgotten just how hard it can rain here. My wife is away to sort out our house, because the house we have was rented out for 2 years to an Australian couple in February and they do not want to leave. When I spoke to them and explained the situation, they just showed me the contract and said no. Can't really blame them.

We are staying in a small boutique type of hotel for 2 weeks (very nice it is too) until we get sorted.

Going tomorrow or Monday to buy a car. It will be a small Toyota Avanza, which is like a small people carrier, with a 1.5 engine. I will miss my 5.7 V8 in Saudi the first time I put my foot down lol.

• Like 6