The Big Move

riyadhcrew

3 minutes ago, riyadhcrew said:

Hi Iain,

They are now in quarantine in Jakarta at the airport facility. They will then go straight onto a plane to Bali and when they get there, they will have to go into quarantine again.

Hope they are being well looked after, Eric.

• Like 1

Good morning peeps, although it's 1.45pm here in Bali. Still trying to sort out rented accommodation near to the girls schools, but the little hotel is fine for the moment. 

Car is sorted and we didn't end up getting a Toyota. We ended up with a Honda H-RV automatic with a 1.5 ltr engine which cost us GBP 19k. and we pick it up on Tuesday. Perhaps someone could find out the price for me in the UK. It would be nice to know if that is OK or not.

Temperature here is always between 28 and 32degC and it's either sunny or raining up until March, so we will have to get used to it. Speak to you all again soon.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, riyadhcrew said:

Good morning peeps, although it's 1.45pm here in Bali. Still trying to sort out rented accommodation near to the girls schools, but the little hotel is fine for the moment. 

Car is sorted and we didn't end up getting a Toyota. We ended up with a Honda H-RV automatic with a 1.5 ltr engine which cost us GBP 19k. and we pick it up on Tuesday. Perhaps someone could find out the price for me in the UK. It would be nice to know if that is OK or not.

Temperature here is always between 28 and 32degC and it's either sunny or raining up until March, so we will have to get used to it. Speak to you all again soon.

So glad that you're getting there, Eric. 

" 23 Jul 2015 - Like its predecessor, the new HR-V is also based on a supermini – the Jazz – but ... Price: £24,295; Engine: 1.5-litre 4cyl petrol "

Things here are getting better after the funeral last Tuesday and we're venturing oop North next weekend. Ah me! But better late than never as we've only been out on Friday Girl once (to the Autumn Meet) since the Summer Meet.

• Like 1

It's a popular model here also John and I think it might even be UK spec because it's right hand drive and only suitable for lead-free fuel. It has daytime running lights, (pretty rare here) and fog lights both front and rear. If what HA says is anywhere near the price in the UK - then I got a good deal.

• Like 1

Always interested to read your posts Eric - that's the thing about online groups ... you kind of get to know people you would never usually meet any other way. Hope the whole family are settling in ok. Must be quite a change for the girls.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, riyadhcrew said:

The girls are fine Jean. They speak the language, like the food and have visited here many times. Thanks for your kind words.

Awe here wiz me thinking the girls wid hey broad Kirkcaldy linoleum accents !:naughty: Nice car Eric, very reliable, but, servicing any Honda here aint cheap!

cheersIain

• Like 1

Just an update peeps.

Been awake for the last 2 and 1/2 hours after a small earth quake. Big enough to feel in bed, but not big enough to do any damage (I think).

Car is now due on Friday, due to problems with issuing insurance. They put the car in the showroom and I told them to move it. I've paid for it and I don't want people climbing all over it.

Final paperwork for Chloe's school goes in this morning, so with any luck, she will be back in a classroom next week. Skye's is still under process, 'cause they can't let her in until January.

Now that school locations are fixed, we can start to look in the most central location to them for a house. It shouldn't be that difficult and our shipment from Riyadh should be here before Christmas.

Chloe will get a small motorbike for school and I will drive Skye, as the schools are nowhere near each other.

That's it for now peeps. Just hope there is no more shaking tonight. 02.00am here just now.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...