The Big Move

riyadhcrew

On 11/01/2017 at 11:54 PM, riyadhcrew said:

Hi peeps,

Our cats have just arrived. It's been along time since the end of October, but the girls are happy.

Aaaaaah , yey , glad you've got your puddys back, & glad they are ok & happy,  i bet they've missed you as much as you've missed them lol  :clap   lori

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Just thought that I would throw in a little update:

Family is well -- ***** cats are well.

I'm sitting here on the laptop at 10.00pm and the temp in my living room is over 30 degC. The AC can't handle the sunshine heat on the roof during the afternoons. Tomorrow morning - won't even need the AC until around 11.00am.

Hope you are all well.

• Like 7

Morning Eric! :wave

Always interested in hearing what is going in everyone's own world ... that's one of the best things about being online, you "talk" to people you would never meet in your everyday life.

Hope the family are all well. 

After reading of predicted "hottest Easter ever" on trashy news websites, the reality would seem that they got it completely wrong or the warmer weather arrived a week early. We've had some bright sunny days in Essex but a chilly wind. Hoping to get to the caravan at the weekend ... perhaps it's the tallest wind turbine in the UK that is responsible for the east coast cooling sea breeze! (See video below if it works!)

P1010205.MP4

• Like 3

On 20/04/2017 at 8:58 AM, NorfolkNog said:

Ahhhh! Thought you meant Great Yarmouth for a minute John :naughty: the 50's bit threw me

Not the one near the station? Yarborough Hotel??? 

That's the one, Howard. My Mum and Dad met there in 1940; so it brings back fond memories when I sit in there with a pint!

Trevor I remember the days when literally hundreds of fishing boats were based at Grimsby Docks. On any day I would see them lined up at the coaling chute, waiting to be refuelled. My father was the sailmaker of the Bacons fleet  and made everything from canvas mizzen sails to fitted coconut matting for the crews' quarters.

• Like 3

I too remember the old docks. My Dad was a fish merchant  and he used to take me to check on his freezers and then would show me the North wall where all the trawlers were stern on moored and you could walk on them they were so close. Later on when I worked for HM Customs and Excise  I would walk down Fish Dock Road to the old Sutcliffe building and it was heaving  with all the small businesses.All my  family( KEMP|)  were heavily involved in fishing. They would turn in their graves if they could see it now.

• Like 1

Half my family originate from both Grimsby and Cleethorpes so I used to spend lots of weeks in my summer holidays there. Usually getting off the train at Old Clee. One Auntie had a chalet out on the Humber Fities which I loved going to then walking over to the minature railway for a trip.

The boating lake and Wonderland were also favourite places! Cracking big dipper which was, of course, the old wooden rattling type. That also had a lovely railway running around the base. Would always go and have a look at the leaking boot! I always wanted to get out to the Humber Forts but never did.

A couple of my uncles worked on the fish dock and we had lots of wonderful fish and chip teas. A wander around Freeman Street market was also a regular favourite!

• Like 1

Who would have thought that little old Grimsby had such a following!My husband's cousin actually owned the light railway at Cleethorpes.He has just died after a lifetime of devoting his time to trains.My daughter owns a chalet on the Fitties.Nothing much changes except that Tingdene Marinas have just bought the Fitties much to the horror of the owners as a protected sight will probably now disappear.Best fish and chips anywhere.Fish was in such abundance the cats in Grimsby were the best fed ever.

• Like 1