Anybody Else Looking Forward To Next Week?

ExMemberBobdog

Half term over, clocks go back, and most of the visitors leave the Broads ... meaning those of us lucky enough to live here get to go out on the water in peace and quiet.  Nothing like cruising across Hickling on a crisp winter day with not a soul in sight.  Don't get me wrong, I love the summer and welcome all the visitors ... but it's just like when friends come to stay at your house; it's great at first and you have a really good time entertaining them, but after a while you want your home to yourself so you can put your feet up and slob out.

Is it just me?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Bobdog said:

Half term over, clocks go back, and most of the visitors leave the Broads ... meaning those of us lucky enough to live here get to go out on the water in peace and quiet.  Nothing like cruising across Hickling on a crisp winter day with not a soul in sight.  Don't get me wrong, I love the summer and welcome all the visitors ... but it's just like when friends come to stay at your house; it's great at first and you have a really good time entertaining them, but after a while you want your home to yourself so you can put your feet up and slob out.

Is it just me?

Probably!

Don't let on, my feelings exactly. Come May I may even start to look forward to the annual Izzert influx.

• Like 1

Bring on the FOLLOWING week i say, we`ll be on Lightning for a week. No definate plans as to destinations etc, except for Monday which will be a trip to Norwich by car to do some Christmas shopping. The same goes for Potter Heigham and Wroxham too, though probably on the Friday, unless my cousins can`t make it for Sunday, then it will probably be then. It`s actually rather nicesitting on our mooring watching what little river traffic there is go by. Then we`ll be off for a few days on the rivers.  Is anybody else going to be about on the southern rivers NEXT week?.

• Like 1

Quite confident we shall be able to moor outside the PB Thursday evening, then through the bridge Friday, not confident about getting a mooring in Horning but my wife would like to spend the evening of her birthday in the Bure River fish restaurant, so fingers crossed.

• Like 2

Very quite yesterday at one point only us moored at South Walsham

Even the Horning moorings were empty for a short while

Weather very nice and looks even better for today forecast.

The broads are really are spot on when you get a few days like this.

John 

• Like 1