Above 'that Damned Bridge'

And there was I thinking that the OP wanted to know about the fishing above PH bridge, silly me !

However as Victoryv says above there is nothing of note up there anyway.

Rather than waste endless hours debating how to wreck a beautiful ancient bridge how about, as I have said on many occasions before, hiring a Janet/Judith/Juliette/Silver Jubilee/ Tumblehome from Martham:

End of......

Best wishes

Charles

• Like 2

August bank holiday monday, coming back from the excellent Beccles wooden boat do, it was like having the key to a past world of peace and calm getting under that bridge.

Long may it stand.

Its there for everybody to enjoy, just adjust!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, charlesa said:

And there was I thinking that the OP wanted to know about the fishing above PH bridge, silly me !

However as Victoryv says above there is nothing of note up there anyway.

Rather than waste endless hours debating how to wreck a beautiful ancient bridge how about, as I have said on many occasions before, hiring a Janet/Judith/Juliette/Silver Jubilee/ Tumblehome from Martham:

End of......

Best wishes

Charles

Yes, but do they have mains electric, satellite telly, whirlpool spa bath etc... ?

We were one of the first hirers to have a TV on a boat lol...who remembers the little red metal cased Russian Rigonda 5" black and white tv's, back in the early 70's we took ours with us with a 12' lead, with a fuse of course lol, 

In the 70's, TV's on hire craft were an optional extra.

• Like 1

Two points here.

1)   Raising PHB by 9" to a foot using the same stone would far from wreck it, to the eye it would look just the same.

2)   Lots of craft including 'B.A' and the Martham fleet were designed to pass under PHB.  Now just why should we be denied an area that our boats were designed to visit just because the Ba ceased regular dredging of the lower Bure?

More fishing hotspots required please peeps

Griff

13 hours ago, Polly said:

There would appear to be a 'hotspot' next to the Southern Comfort mooring. Either the guy we were watching yesterday had found one slow-learning fish or at leat 5 of them came out in as many minutes, 

Its a good pike spot to, I think the corner has been scoured by turning boats causing a depression on the river bed which hold good fish.......... Sssshhh!

I can get under PHB at all states of the tide, keeps the hire boats away its like a barrier between two worlds when you come from the tranquility above into potter itself and the carnage on a busy summers afternoon, a bit like going from Norfolk roads onto the M25....... Character!