Norfolk Broads Books & Memorabilia Auction

AdnamsGirl

I was recently given some old and history related Norfolk Broads books and memorabilia by Mal & Christine Richardson who kindly gave me permission to sell them to raise funds for the Broadland Memories website - many thanks to them for their extremely kind gesture. I've also had a rummage through my own collection and have a few duplicate books and other bits to add to the fundraising effort which have all been listed on Ebay this evening.

I checked with admin who kindly gave me permission to give the auction a plug on here - thank you!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&_ssn=gingell_1&_sop=1

The books I have for auction include:

The Land of the Broads - 1892 2nd edition copy of the guide book to the Broads written by Ernest Suffling

Through Broadland in a Breydon Punt by John Knowlittle (Arthur Henry Patterson) - a wonderful read, published in 1920

Yacxhting on the Broads - a 1923 booklet produced by Leo Robinson

Black Sailed Traders - Roy Clark's superb book on the history of Keels & Wherries on the Broads published in 1961

A c1900 Jarrolds cloth map of the Broads

+ several other books and booklets relating to various aspects of the region's history

bm_bookauction_nov16.jpg

I'm also selling a beautiful (and rather rare I would imagine) pair of metal blazer buttons for the Yare Sailing Club which are pre 1908 when it became the Yare & Bure Sailing Club, which were also kindly given to me by the Richardsons and a 1960s enamel burgee badge for the Ferry Boatyard at Horning from my own collection.

broads_ephemera_multi.jpg

Finally, I have decided to sell on the original 16mm "Broadland Panorama" Hoseasons promotional film from 1960 which I had transferred and uploaded to the Broadland Memories YouTube channel earlier this year. It's priced at an opening bid to cover what I originally paid for it so that I can recoup those funds for the website too. It's a lovely copy and a wonderful bit of Broads history if you happen to have a 16mm projector.

Coincidently, Thursday 3rd November marks the tenth anniversary of the website's launch ... where have all the years gone! I apologise for the lack of activity over the summer but mum-in-law sadly passed away in July and it's taken a while to sort out her affairs. I should have a bit more time to myself again now so that II can crack on with getting some more of the photos and films I've been gathering over the last few months online.

Many thanks!

Carol

• Like 6