Should Food Be Eaten In A Cinema

We (Chelsea14Ian) went to the cinema Saturday night and once again why do I get all the pain in the butt seating next to me twoguns. Well this time I had a guy eating a three course meal while we were watching the film. I had to ask him to be quite, as all I could hear was him eating :norty:.

Ian said it is where cinema's make their money, but what about watching a film in peace and quite.

I say no to food to be eaten in while watching a film :norty:. Ok what do you all think? Should food be consumed in the cinema :1310_thumbsup_tone1::1316_thumbsdown_tone2:.

Regards

Marina :Stinky

• Like 1

Got to allow popcorn & chocolate!

Judging by what some cinema's charge for their food then yes, they must make a lot of money out of food.

Should it be allowed? No, downright antisocial, apart from above exceptions ;).

Cod & Six on the way home, bring back the old ways!

• Like 3

I've never bought food at a cinema with their prices, and took a few boiled sweets. I did find the crunchers of food most distracting.

But saying that I've only ever been to a cinema 3 times in my life, as for most of my life I've lived where there wasn't a cinema, or it was a major expedition to get to one. As it is now a 45mile round trip, then you've got to find parking and the fee, the cost of the film and the petrol to get there and back makes for quite an expensive trip. So I just wait the 2 years and see it on TV if I'm bothered to see it...

• Like 4

That is the reason we do not go to the Cinema.    People imagine they are in their own front rooms and they are certainly not.   The thought of some div sitting behind or in front of you munching and chewing all through a film and food odours makes smoke we had to put up with in the 50s and 60s seem quite innocent.     Lets face it most of us except for the back row actually went to see the film.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

I've never bought food at a cinema with their prices, and took a few boiled sweets. I did find the crunchers of food most distracting.

But saying that I've only ever been to a cinema 3 times in my life, as for most of my life I've lived where there wasn't a cinema, or it was a major expedition to get to one. As it is now a 45mile round trip, then you've got to find parking and the fee, the cost of the film and the petrol to get there and back makes for quite an expensive trip. So I just wait the 2 years and see it on TV if I'm bothered to see it...

As our son in law was responsible for the CGI in much of that film called Gravity we did make the effort to go and see it in 3D at a cinema in Norwich. The food intake of some of the porkers and lardies around us was amazing and rather than annoy it did become part of the entertainment, good lord, look at the size of him, does he really need that second tower burger?!  Sandra Bullock in 3D or some gross greaseball doing a Linda Lovelace impression on a hapless doozle-dog, grease and ketchup drizzling down several chins and into her more than ample cleavage did hold a morbid fascination for yours truly! By the way, great film! Mind you, the experience  was probably a one off, unlikely to be repeated, I go with The Q on this one, it'll be on TV soon enough. Mind you, he is working on the forthcoming Star Wars, might change my mind, better start saving up. No, he doesn't get us free tickets!

• Like 1

Cinema...Like JM I tend to go when I've worked on the film...and I don't 'alf get miffed when someone munches their way through the second or so I worked on.

If it was me...I'd bring back the intermission. Some of these marathon 'I'm rewriting the Lord of the Rings because the Yanks are too thick to understand the story can we drag The Hobbit out into a trilogy' epics are just too long for me to sit through. Get the nice lady with the tray round her neck and the torch, while you queue for a half melted chocice and get the circulation back in your bum, back!

• Like 4