Christmas Afloat

LondonRascal

8 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

His name was Bill Foggitt, yes he predicted the weather by his  observations, I can remember his predictions on Yorkshire Television. His predictions were always better than the official forecasters and on average his predictions were 88% on the money.

Regards

Alan 

That's right Foggy, it usually was when he predicted gales !  My money would be on weather satellites, radar and millions of pounds of high tech monitoring equipment available to the meteorologists of today.

Thanks for the name check though, Bill Foggit it was.

Regards

10 hours ago, Hylander said:

Cheshire Cat - welcome to our club,  someone else who actually cooks from scratch and on the boat.   Not many of us about.

I love cooking onboard, i like the idea of people looking in seeing a home cooked meal being dished up. I like to eat out too, but there`s something cosy about cooking on a boat.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

I love cooking onboard, i like the idea of people looking in seeing a home cooked meal being dished up. I like to eat out too, but there`s something cosy about cooking on a boat.

Spot on I can't get this oh what can you cook on a boat , the answer to that is anything you can cook at home , we do eat out but there been so many times we have been disappointed with the food no names no pack drills that we would rather buy lovely ingredient and do it our selfs on the boat . I now have to go as I am off to the boat for the week end all the best ....

• Like 6

Spot on I can't get this oh what can you cook on a boat , the answer to that is anything you can cook at home ,

Spot on Geoffrey,  I'm with you there.  During my solo week I only eat out once maybe twice at the most.  The rest of the time it's all cooked onboard and I refuse point blank to use ready meals.  Full Sunday dinners have been done before including home made Yorkshire Puds no problem

Griff

• Like 5

With only two rings and a grill I'm perhaps a little less adventurous, but I reckon to eat out no more than once or twice a week. My best friend on board is a pressure cooker and I'm getting pretty good at cooking 'one pot' meals. I never use ready meals either... where's the fun in one of those?

• Like 2