Winter

Paws

• 2 months later...
Mix one cup of white vinegar in a bucket of water, and pre-soak the items for at least an hour.

Then, if able to, launder in your washing machine at  with your regular detergent but add 20ml of disinfectant (Tesco/Sainsbury standard stuff is fine) and that will kill the mould spores.

Alternatively, you can directly add 250 ml of vinegar to your washing machine per cycle and wash as normal but this will mean things come out with a 'vinegar' smell to them.

Mmm,  might have to disagree,  maybe in a small area,  absolutely no use in a house. 

Last week I did a survey on a flat that had two of those plus two very small electric ones,  about 45 pounds each,  these combined with one if those clothes dryer tents and the relative humidity was at 92%with an air temp if 22.3c. The place was covered in mould and mildew including every external wall,  ceilings,  clothes and soft furnishings. 

The lady had spent over 150 pounds on products that couldn't do the job when for the same cost she could have purchased a proper domestic dehumidifier. 

Small pods are ok for closed cupboards only. 

I run a dehumidifier on a timer onboard five hours a day,  combined with a tube heater on a stat and in six years I have never emptied the boatsvcontents or had any mould or mildew. 

The boat is ready for occupation anytime of the year.  We will spend about 3 weeks onboard this winter.