Wildfuzz Has A New Hobby

Wildfuzz

Well, that was a surprise, been talking about taking up the Double Bass for a while, on a whim purchased one and had my first lesson on Saturday morning. Love the sound it makes, but it is like learning to drive a car, learning the highway code, getting your road sense and speaking French all at the same time. Ho Hum, need to practice......

Bassist.jpg

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Something about Stuart's picture reminds me of Captain Birdseye so using his double base as a paddle-board, complete with bowsprit, would seem quite apt.

Yes I`m not sure about the beard myself, however Mrs Wild Fuzz likes it, perhaps I should try jazz instead of RnR?

• Like 1

Now I see why so many policemen wear helmets!

Stuart, should you take up playing your bass in orchestras or bands then you will realise that the big, box like Volvo estates are made for the job. The alternative is an electric bass which is probably a good choice for R&R. Thankfully, car wise, my lot stuck to violins. One of my four daughters plays electric violin, in a rock band with Ed Graham, the ex drummer of The Darkness, and if her electric violin is anything to go by then an electric double bass could be quite a creative tool. A real advantage is that you can listen via ear-phones so won't disturb the neighbours or the wildlife. Plug into a bank of amps then it's a rather different effect.

• Like 1

I expect that bass to have had a thoroughly amazing paint job by New Year! Something a bit like this one on the right?

We once auditioned a 'Rockabilly slap bass' player for our band. As usual we'd had a falling out amongst band members two days before we started a mini tour and desperately needed a bass player. The chap sent us a video...my God he was superb! Climbing the bass, somersaulting from the thing, into the splits...never missed a beat and he knew all of our set! He met us at some pub in Margate for the first gig. His acrobatics were superb...he just couldn't play the bloody thing his video was done to a backing track. We ended up using him on stage and I played the bass line on the keyboard after I sampled his bass sound.

Ooh Forum band at the summer meet? Jam session at the least?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Timbo said:

I expect that bass to have had a thoroughly amazing paint job by New Year! Something a bit like this one on the right?

We once auditioned a 'Rockabilly slap bass' player for our band. As usual we'd had a falling out amongst band members two days before we started a mini tour and desperately needed a bass player. The chap sent us a video...my God he was superb! Climbing the bass, somersaulting from the thing, into the splits...never missed a beat and he knew all of our set! He met us at some pub in Margate for the first gig. His acrobatics were superb...he just couldn't play the bloody thing his video was done to a backing track. We ended up using him on stage and I played the bass line on the keyboard after I sampled his bass sound.

Ooh Forum band at the summer meet? Jam session at the least?

Forum band, now i really like that idea very much, how many players can we rustle up?cheersbar

Never was a mod, it was Rockabilly all the way for me, have been on youtube watching some "slap" bassists, something to aspire to methinks. As for a Forum band or jam session, we may have to keep it to Ba Ba Blacksheep or Twinkle Twinkle Little star until I improve.:facepalm:

Stuart 015.jpg

• Like 2

Did someone mention  a forum rock band? You do realise that rock bands come with groupies, don't you?  I can just see the ladies of the forum at the front of the stage , throwing items of clothing at our motley crew lol, Carole, get those heels on girl :naughty: You could call yourselves The Forum Fuzz :love

Grace

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Did someone mention  a forum rock band? You do realise that rock bands come with groupies, don't you?  I can just see the ladies of the forum at the front of the stage , throwing items of clothing at our motley crew lol, Carole, get those heels on girl :naughty: You could call yourselves The Forum Fuzz :love

Grace

I may be able to replace that "G" string after all !!!!!! :hardhat:

• Like 4