Salty Bottom Cruisers

If the weather looks half decent for the weekend Mariotec and his crew along with my lot will be up in Reedham.

Building on an idea started by Jonathan on another thread we will be holding the inaugural meeting of the Salty Bottom Cruisers on Saturday night at the Ship.

For anyone that is interested in going to sea, and that includes those without a boat, it is intended to try and put together a number of cruises in company throughout next year. Some will be a blast around the bay type, where the oppertunity for those without sea going boats, or those without the confidence to take them out, will no doubt exist to catch a lift, and some will be a bit longer.

It will not be an official club as this brings with it a number of responsibilitys for anyone organising the trip but more a meeting place where like minded people can get together for a few beers and enjoy the security of knowing that there are other boats around when venturing out to sea.

Everyone is welcome but it would be good if anyone who fancy's joining in could add a name in order to gauge interest.

Ian

Well done guys a great opportunity for those with little or no experience to take a first step or gain a bit more experience with a bit of comfort of others around. Or for those with experience to have a social cruise in company.

Look forward to these coming to fruition - and don't forget the photo's ice slice

A really nice idea Ian,I know there are members like us who would love to have a taste "out of the harbour ",as our boat has got the wrong "shaped bottom " and would not be happy going much further than Mutford.So would be very interested to hear how things progress. cheersbar:party2:

I would love the chance to have a spin out to sea given the oputunity, and would offer to chip in with any costs as a Thankyou to the owner cheers:grin::party:

Ok, i have lived at Sea for quite a few weeks onboard ships, and have had the experiance of being crew on a small crab boat belonging to a friend up in Flambrough, as well as several types of tourist craft worldwide, including Yachts and Sea-cats, but it would be rather nice to add a blast up the Norfolk coast to my list of adventures, the highlight of which up till now has been to do a submarine dive off the coast of Barbados last year :party:

Thinking about it, im quite a saltside junkie, and have probaby spent more time during my life with a salty bottom than a fresh water one, although have rarely helmed at sea! :naughty::lol::grin:

Bill is not so good at it though, he tends to chuck up if things get bumpy, best leave him behind! :lol::lol::lol::naughty:

Julz :wave

Definetly, definetly up for this - BUT, this Saturday is not possible for us as I have my son every other weekend, and obviously he comes first....

However, put me and Claire down for ANY trips that are planned !!

Totally agree about not making it formal - far too complicated for obvious reasons - just a boaty get together !

Hi Luke we both boat with kids and they will be at the ship. Always good to have someone to find the way back to the marina. :naughty: seriously though Rebecca's more sociable than us.

Jonathan

Very well put Ian now I know why your in sales. :grin:

Hi - Likewise Saturday is not possible but I would be interested in knowing about any trips - new to all this boating but it would be a shame not to use my boat at sea on occassion, and I like the idea of going out with others. Not sure her indoors will be joining me just yet though!

Wayne :clap

hi all!!!!

In spite of some uncomfortable experiences in the murky north sea....we are up for this too!

It was far more comfortable venturing out with both Mariotech and senator in front and behind us back in the summer.....

We now know that we have a trim tab problem that wasnt helping but nevertheless its so much better going out with a number of other boats!

see you all soon

adam and suzanne x

Good to see such an enthusiastic response, it bodes well for the coming year.

Julz you are more than welcome aboard at anytime although the preference will be to stay on the right side of the water.

From recent threads there may also be a few that are thinking of buying sea going vessels, it would be great to see you along. Would also be good to see any expirienced or even profesional sea goers, could do with someone to tell me what that round thing on the top of my rear spoiler is and maybe even fix the telly on the dashboard at the same time, just get spots on that.

Will anyone be dropping in at the Ship on Saturday for a pint or two?

Ian

Hi Mark,

Would think 7pm sounds as good a time as any, I think Jupiter's Mist will be along too, as I said previously this is an informal get together for a few pints and a chat so any time from 7pm onwards we will be around.

Just ask at the Bar if they have seen any Salty Bottoms Lately. :naughty::dance:dance:dance

Ian

Thanks for the invite Ian, much apprieciated cheerscheerscheersbar

We are hoping to be down a few times next year with our caravan, also doing a few trips down to Sandringham and Wells if anyone is based along the coast up there, or anyother east coast port for that matter, its always fairly easy to find a pitch nearby :)

If anyone is intrested in the Tall Ships race this year, then were planing a trip up to Hartlepool the first weekend in August, to watch them in the Parade of Sail out along the North East coast :grin::dance

Julz :wave

A really nice idea Ian,I know there are members like us who would love to have a taste "out of the harbour ",as our boat has got the wrong "shaped bottom " and would not be happy going much further than Mutford.So would be very interested to hear how things progress. cheersbar:party2:

Roy and Diane, If you are around at Easter there is a good chance you will be able to give it a go, watch this space or even better come along to one of the evenings we are meeting up.

The meet ups will unfortunately be fairly sparse between now and Easter, due to the short, cold, wet days ahead and the distance that both me and Jonathan have to travel to the boat. The idea is to kick off the Season at Easter and from there on there should be plenty of opportunity's to discus the finer points of sea faring and drink the obligatory alcohol whilst doing so.

Ian

Hi Ian ,many thanks for that offer that sounds a realy good way to kick off the season.We will do our best to pop in on Saturday if possible, as we have a busy few days on at present due to birthdays and visitors .It all comes at once when other weeks you are lost for something to do .have a good one if we dont meet up. cheersbar:party2:

Very kind Barry and I may well be interested in take you up on the offer. However I won't yet know when I will be free as I will be performing "hard labour" for another forumite and he might not release me in time!

Guest chriscraft

hi all,

just caught up with this,i ve had a word with the guys i normaly go druising the pubs sorry broads with,and can bring 4 boats from the marineer ,who would be intrested in a salty jaughnt,broom 3,pantyliner 34,glaston 28.and me falcon 27,will look foward for the get togethers,and see what we can do,definatly the trip in may though is a goer though

cheers trev