• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
JennyMorgan

New Signs From The Ba?

It is a fact that the Authority has announced plans for new signs costing thousands of pounds in the coming year.

In an attempt to become more 'local' a new style of speed control sign has been approved. Will 'furriners' understand it or do only locals speed?

norfolk-thumb_798890a.jpg

• Like 4

Please don't encourage the BA... can you imagine the toll rises next year if they have to replace every sign... (and pay the most expensive tender to do it).

• Like 2

... and any new signs will have to be much bigger to get "...member of the national parks family" across the bottom!

... and any new signs will have to be much bigger to get "...member of the national parks family" across the bottom!

If only.  The new signs won't of course say that though will they?  Nope, on present form they will proudly display to the world -  'National Park' and conveniently omit       'A member of'     or     'It's not really a National Park'    or      'We were just kidding'     or    'If we call it a National Park, I'll get my knighthood'      twoguns

I can see 'B.A' having a regular stock of large thick black permanent markers onboard at the ready, or better still some thick black aerosol under-seal :naughty:

Griff

• Like 3

as long as yo dont change the signs like a local wag did to the village of Wormshill, by converting the L's into T's

• Like 1

In order to reduce costs the Broads Authority are removing the Reedham Ferry, so they are now erecting new signs on each side of the river.

image.png

• Like 1

Surely that should say "Caution, Ramp Ahead, you are about to leave the Broads National Park" :naughty:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

Surely that should say "Caution, Ramp Ahead, you are about to leave the Broads National Park" :naughty:

How can you leave something, that was never there lol?

• Like 2

I can see new signs at Mutford Lock & Gt Yarmouth for incoming boats:

Welcome to the mythical Broads National Park, please find suitable moorings before entering. 

9 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

I can see new signs at Mutford Lock & Gt Yarmouth for incoming boats:

Welcome to the mythical Broads National Park, please find suitable moorings before entering. 

Now that gives me an idea. Calling all comedians....

2018 calendar - "Proposed signs for the Norfolk Broads"

I'm not sure about proposals for 2018, I suspect that we are in for a raft of new ones for 2017, all proposed and seconded long ago by a committee of one.

Realistically we can expect new signs for 2017  saying things like 'Caution, mooring reduction in progress' or 'Caution, litter mountain ahead'!

• Like 1

WARNING

TURN OFF DEPTH SOUNDER

BEFORE IT GETS STUCK IN THE MUD

THE BROADS NATIONAL PARK (ONE DAY)

Perhaps souvenir shops could sell suitable overlays to go on the new signs?

The Broads National Park.jpg