Who's Got The Best Nbn Christmas Lights And Tree Competition...

ScrumpyCheddar

Ho Ho Ho... Yes boys and girls it's this time of the year again, when it's time to put up the decs and outside lights and your tree.... 

Well just for abit of fun I thought we could run a competition for whose got the best tree and outside lights..

Now this Forum is brilliant at its discussions.... and i do know there will be lots of for this and Bah humbugs against this mentioning no names it should be a laugh....

Oh yes one last thing....... there's no prize ..... 

• Like 1

7 minutes to get that burgee out and photographed? Do you sleep with it under  your pillow? Or are you and Alan in cahoots to share the beer mats?:party:

lots of bah humbug in my house. Mainly from me!!! And the burgee is on the boat!!

lets see those outside lights Mike? Rumour has it astronauts use your lights to mark their passage over England:facepalm: 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

7 minutes to get that burgee out and photographed? Do you sleep with it under  your pillow? Or are you and Alan in cahoots to share the beer mats?:party:

lots of bah humbug in my house. Mainly from me!!! And the burgee is on the boat!!

lets see those outside lights Mike? Rumour has it astronauts use your lights to mark their passage over England:facepalm: 

Here you are Mark Bah humbug..... just for you he he he ... oh yes Me and Alan are going halfs on the beer mats ha ha... And now you've told my secret of sleeping with my Burgee under my pillow you bugger ha ha ..

IMG_1204.JPG

• Like 6

Ah Christmas desecrations is it? 

Twas a month before Christmas and all through the house not a creature was stirring
Still, tree were up wi that many lights tha could hear 'lectricity meter  whirrin.

I'll post a pic of mine when they go up...on Christmas Eve. We did buy one of those outdoor illuminated reindeer last year, complete with a motor so that it's head nodded. We took it down when Spot our Border Collie took an amorous interest in it...Rudolph had a red nose from shame I tell you!

• Like 7

Just a thought...

When we were very young, 'next week' was an eternity away, even 'tomorrow' wasn't any time soon. As we got a little older the school summer holidays lasted forever and still 'a month' would last and last and last.

We are told (and we tell everyone) that Christmas is really for the kids, and, apart from the religious significance, it is.... SO... Why do we start all this Christmas chat and bon ami in November given that apart from the prezzies the kids will be bored with it.

Are we in fact ruining it for the children?

• Like 3

I think it was Jean and I that actually mentioned Christmas around September, we got a bit of a telling off from the Pesky one  as I recall didn't we Jean? Christmas is most certainly a big event in our house but the tree will not go up until a week maybe two before, the presents don't go under the tree until the kids are asleep on Christmas Eve, a carrot and a mince pie left out for Santa and his reindeer, a glass or three of wine for me and im indoors to help us sleep, of course, as the excitement of seeing the kids faces on Christmas morning is one of the most magical moments for us. I agree with Polly, most of us are just big kids, some of us put the tree up in November and some of us on Christmas Eve, either way we are all different and celebrate it in our own way

Although we are not religious it is a big event in our house, to be able to buy a gift for loved ones, to say thank you and come together as a family and creating memories is what it's all about for me

Bring it on, I say and bah humbug to all you scrooges out there :naughty: 

Merry Christmas everyone xmas6 :naughty:

Grace

• Like 4

If my FreeSat & Netflix are reliable indicators then there are five channels churning out Christmas movies and that goes back to September at least! I love Christmas with a passion but I really do think that the shops are into serious overkill and inevitably people are drawn into it.

• Like 1

Granddaughter Grace (4) is busily rehearsing for her starring role as Mary in her school nativity play. Her line 'I'm so very tired'. At rehearsal last week she accidentally dropped 'ickle baby jesus' on his head exclaiming "Jesus Christ!".

• Like 2

It's going the other way as well our company Christmas dinner is on----

January the 22nd, annoying colliding with many peoples Burns Night Dinner, I am not happy....

I'm debating weather to take a piece of Haggis with me to the dinner...