Spark Of Light

Broads01

• 5 years later...
32 minutes ago, Heron said:

Followed Spark of Light (Ex Herbert Woods) on a low loader on the A149 leaving

Wayford Bridge this afternoon. Turned onto the North Walsham road where I was able to pass. Could it be another woody leaving the Broads?

In 2017 Grendle said.

"I liken the owning of a classic wooden boat to the owning of a vintage telescope. You dont really own the boat, you are the temporary custodian of a piece of history, which will eventually be passed on to another temporary custodian, so it is your responsibility to treat her well and then pass her on at the end of your custodianship in the best state that you can."

Is it just me, do we not owe a duty of care to our heritage. 

I am hopeful that my fears are unfounded, I do not think otherwise. No reason whatsoever to think otherwise. But it would be nice to be reassured.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Heron said:

Followed Spark of Light (Ex Herbert Woods) on a low loader on the A149 leaving

Wayford Bridge this afternoon. Turned onto the North Walsham road where I was able to pass. Could it be another woody leaving the Broads?

Sounds like it.

Saw her at Cox's last week looking pretty good. 

Sadly I reckon I can name a dozen or more woodies that have been taken off the broads in the last few years plus about the same again that have been broken up.

There are very few yards willing to get involved in wooden boats these days and just a handful of skilled craftsmen left.

It's getting harder to be able to guarantee a future of these old tubs, but, if anyone wants to get involved... 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...