Sourcing A Pulpit Rail

tjg1677

The only time I've used a pilot rail was going from a pilot boat onto Russian molasses tanker on the Bawdsey anchorage the rail was covered by a very tasteful French whipping and blast was I grateful for it! Like others, I'm not keen on pulpits.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update, thanks by the way to all who have contributed, much appreciated. I have been quiet on this one coz I have been trying to source a decent quote but not had a lot of luck. However, stumbled across this site, very interesting range and gives you the opportunity to make your own up - watch this space for further updates. Link to site is   SeaScrew.com  check it out.

cheers

Trev

3 hours ago, tjg1677 said:

Bit of an update, thanks by the way to all who have contributed, much appreciated. I have been quiet on this one coz I have been trying to source a decent quote but not had a lot of luck. However, stumbled across this site, very interesting range and gives you the opportunity to make your own up - watch this space for further updates. Link to site is   SeaScrew.com  check it out.

cheers

Trev

I used them for our pushpit rails, works well, but make sure you cut the tube dead square.

Charlie

• Like 1

SeaScrew even lol. I always found them very helpful and they provide a fast service. On the subject of pulpit rails, I personally prefer to have them from a safety point of view. I can see the point of pilot rails but with our Falcon 22, it is better to have our existing setup as the flat deck walking areas are quite narrow. The later 22 and 23 models had a much stronger and better rail system.