Brilliant's Ship's Cat Crosses The Bar.

Polly

Sadly, Cleo reached the end today, there was a  really sudden deterioration in her condition so we got her to the vet within 10 minutes. Fortunately her regular vet was on and he was able to help her to go peacefully, with her  head cupped in my hand. We will really miss her.

Here she was on board Brilliant.

image.jpeg

So sad!  We lost a very special  cat three years ago this week. The pain is still raw, although we have two more now who came to live with us just over a year ago now .

They can never replace old Fergus, but thy are making a very good job of almost filling the gap he left .

Polly, time will heal.

• Like 1

we have lost 3 of our elderly cats this year, one collapsed and was taken to the vets and mercifully put to sleep, one died in his sleep overnight (at age 24) and the other died in my arms early one morning as we waited for the vets to open, the wound is still open every time I think of one of them, but we still have the 4 younger cats keeping us company.

You will never forget Cleo, but with time passing the memories will hopefully focus on the happy times with her, rather than the sadness of her passing.

• Like 4

If I have got this right, a cat owns us between 10:30 am and about 1:30 pm, at least, those are the times he lives here and allows us to make a fuss of him. I found out he seems to own another house a few hundred yards away from 08:00 to 10:30 and a third for the best part of the afternoon. Who he owns at night I don't know, nor do I know which of his pet people feeds him. I've always been a dog person in the past, but he seems quite forgiving of that.

So sorry to hear your news Polly.

• Like 1