Ferry Inn Horning - Landlord Fined

NorfolkNog

A Trip Advisor review from 2015 has three photos of exposed screws and broken glass to which there was a reply given from the Pub saying basically thank you for drawing such to their attention and having been "completely fixed and checked over to prevent any harm to the children and other customers."  Link

So it might not be a one off and having been alerted though Trip Advisor in the past, it seems that a customer was so unhappy they actually contacted the relevant authorities in regard to the Bouncy Castle. 

This guy does everything to stay JUST the right side of the law!!

It may have got better, but as the owner of an eating establishment, I would actually be embarrassed to operate with a 1 star hygiene rating! 

As far as planning is concerned he has still I believe, a number of enforcement notices outstanding - if that is still the case,  funny, or not, that the BA do not start to wave a very large stick?? They do elsewhere as a result of these.

And now this showing total disregard to safety of children?

Yet the BA still seem not to wish to upset him, bending over backwards to help him with regard to stern on mooring!  Incidentally he now points out to the BA that as he has closed the Woodbastwick moorings, is there any reason why he should not have stern on mooring all throughout his frontage? I wonder if his so called "quay attendants" are qualified to and insured to , drive Clives lovely large hire boats? 

Is it just me or do I spot a trend here of sailing as close to the wind as legally possible? Even his defence to the children issue was based on an element of fiction - "..taking over a derelict property.."!!   Was it really ?

Ummm??? I wonder whether his real objective is to run a half decent pub or just trouser as much profit as he can?? Surely buying old bouncy castles off ebay with rotten or no proper tie downs must indicate something....!!

• Like 9

He should be banned for life from providing any childrens entertainment .. 

These people put money before safety. 

My son,  daughter in law and my two grandchildren were trapped and injured  when a circus tent failed in high winds,  they all ended up in hospital whilst the  circus packed up and left.  The children are still terrified of the circus two years on. 

They were located and investigated by the HSE. 

The case against them and the tent supplier continues through the courts. 

Sheer greed was the cause. 

• Like 2

On 15/12/2016 at 5:44 PM, marshman said:

This guy does everything to stay JUST the right side of the law!!

It may have got better, but as the owner of an eating establishment, I would actually be embarrassed to operate with a 1 star hygiene rating! 

As far as planning is concerned he has still I believe, a number of enforcement notices outstanding - if that is still the case,  funny, or not, that the BA do not start to wave a very large stick?? They do elsewhere as a result of these.

And now this showing total disregard to safety of children?

Yet the BA still seem not to wish to upset him, bending over backwards to help him with regard to stern on mooring!  Incidentally he now points out to the BA that as he has closed the Woodbastwick moorings, is there any reason why he should not have stern on mooring all throughout his frontage? I wonder if his so called "quay attendants" are qualified to and insured to , drive Clives lovely large hire boats? 

Is it just me or do I spot a trend here of sailing as close to the wind as legally possible? Even his defence to the children issue was based on an element of fiction - "..taking over a derelict property.."!!   Was it really ?

Ummm??? I wonder whether his real objective is to run a half decent pub or just trouser as much profit as he can?? Surely buying old bouncy castles off ebay with rotten or no proper tie downs must indicate something....!!

Marshman! I've often wondered how he seems to get away with all his tricks, anyone else would get jumped on! hate to say it but I sometimes wonder who's palms he's crossing,, I think you may be onto something about profit! any other place would be trying their hardest to to get more stars and better ratings if they were in it for the long haul,,

• Like 5

His immunity might be down to a rolled up trouser leg. It still happens. What would have happened if the bouncy castle had blown into the river with kids on it. We were about to let our grandson have a bounce it last summer. The landlord should have been flogged and then put away for a long time imho.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Steve

• Like 2

I had a friend in the police, and many years ago he was asked to join a "certain group"  they said it could improve his career, he had his own opinion and would rather get to where he wants by his own efforts, so said no thank you. I also have some friends in that "certain group" one of their policies is to support fellow group members, and if there was a choice, to give business to fellow members. So no doubt a few nudge nudge wink wink say no more deals went ahead, and still does.

Now this bit is a bit of a joke lol...

I was asked to join the NBN forum too lol...:party:

On 15 December 2016 at 4:37 PM, LondonRascal said:

A Trip Advisor review from 2015 has three photos of exposed screws and broken glass to which there was a reply given from the Pub saying basically thank you for drawing such to their attention and having been "completely fixed and checked over to prevent any harm to the children and other customers."  Link

So it might not be a one off and having been alerted though Trip Advisor in the past, it seems that a customer was so unhappy they actually contacted the relevant authorities in regard to the Bouncy Castle. 

I just read the trip advisor review, and the OP was also concerned that dogs could cut their paws on broken glass. Double standards here, why on earth should dogs be allowed in the "Children's Play area" in the first place? 

It s important to contact the relevant people or authorities when hazzards are seen, however all too often, people assume that someone else will do it.

I was in a major retail shop once, I noticed a display stand that had the usual horizontal thin product support rails, unfortunately it was at child eye height, and any child walking around the corner of the aisle could have easily been impailed on this spike, with possible sight loss or other head trauma. I stood by the hazzard and in my projecting Teacher's voice, I called over an assistant to get the manager and get the hazzard removed. Within minutes, it was sorted. Now imagine, if I had ignored it, not my problem, not my responsibility, and in the local newspaper or on local tv, you hear about a child loosing their eyesight, in "That  Shop" now how would you feel if you could have prevented this but took a don't give a dam*  attitude.

So if you see a hazzard, report it, prevent other children going on it, until it is either fixed or the item isolated from use.

• Like 4