Boatshield Message.

Hockham Admiral

Boatshield Update- December

Dear Boatshield Partners

This Bulletin is to advise you of a recent thefts on the River Yare and or a navigable area from it..

Please pass it on as you see fit.

During the month of November we have had 3 crimes reported to police which all occurred along the River Yare or a navigable area from it. At least one of the offences where an Avon rib was stolen is thought to have been accessed from the water as the land access was secure. Another was where a yacht taken from Reedham. Items were stolen from the boat and it was then abandoned. The last was a theft of a Gadiva pump which was stolen from a gated boat yard.

I f you have any information regarding this incident please contact PC Barrell or PC Bassham Norfolk Police Broadbeat team  on 101.

Finally

Please let me know if you require any Boatshield Stickers and I will make sure that they get to you

Remember – Take Security Seriously

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Wildfuzz said:

Please let me know if you require any Boatshield Stickers and I will make sure that they get to you

Hi Stuart, I've heard about boat shield but don't know much about it. Can you help advise where i can find more out (and get some stickers!). I'd like to think our boat is reasonably secure but would certainly welcome any advice. cheers 

• Like 1

Many of the yards, pubs, and hirers along both Northern and Southern Broads are Boatshield SPOC`s (Specific Point Of Contact). Also there is I believe a link on the Norfolk and Suffolk constabulary websites - for some reason I cant access it to post a link.

It is a simple idea to keep security in the forefront of peoples minds, the leaflet carries all the usual advice and a simple crib sheet to help boat users. Also in the booklet a space to list all identifiable property so that if the worst happens you have all the info in one place, simple and effective.

Also don't forget your outboard covers, still no engine taken which has the cover fitted and the cowl removed.

S.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, smitch6 said:

how do we get the boatshield stickers pls?

"For more information about the scheme, please contact your local crime reduction officer on 101 or email Boatshield@Norfolk.pnn.police.uk or Boatshield@suffolk.pnn.police.uk.

Please note that this is a seasonal operation.

Stolen Boats: http://stolenboats.org.uk

Project Kraken: http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/campaigns/project-kraken"

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/advice/roads-and-vehicles/boats

• Like 1