Salty Bottoms Easter

Ian,

Please add me to the list, it would be interesting to see how the other half live,

all my salty sea-time has been on sailing yachts.

(I have a VHF licence and my own handheld (with a ship-portable licence) if any one is short of a radio/operator)

Martin

Look Forward to meeting you Martin

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd love to go out for a spin at sea if anyone has any space. I have never been to sea in anything other than a ferry, and my own boat is not suitable for it.

In return I'll take some photographs for you.

I'd love to go out for a spin at sea if anyone has any space. I have never been to sea in anything other than a ferry, and my own boat is not suitable for it.

In return I'll take some photographs for you.

Look Forward to meeting you Cattleya

Would love to add Frigid Brigid to the list but we are orf down to Wrabness if the weather is kind, Easter should be our first outing of the year, although we may get some good weather and we will saunter down to Southwold for the weekend, although I Like the town, I don't much like the Harbour, The ebb roars down the river and the baily bridge makes me nervous on the flood, plus the fact that the pub is the most expensive pub n the universe!!!

Would love to add Frigid Brigid to the list but we are orf down to Wrabness if the weather is kind, Easter should be our first outing of the year, although we may get some good weather and we will saunter down to Southwold for the weekend, although I Like the town, I don't much like the Harbour, The ebb roars down the river and the baily bridge makes me nervous on the flood, plus the fact that the pub is the most expensive pub n the universe!!!

I paid £19.60 in our local at the weekend for two pints and two large glasses of red wine. :cry

Re Southwold speak to Colin the harbour master and he will point you to the yacht club. Probably the cheapest in Southwold

Jonathan :Stinky

If anyone is joining us either with or without a boat can they post up and I will add you to the list.

I'll probably let you know at the last possible minute Ian, if I may, but I suspect it will be on the "without a boat" list so I'll have to find a crew that I can inconvenience. ;)

So far for Easter we have

Boats

Mariotech.

MBird.

Happyjax 11

Jupiter's Mist

Senator

Lucky

People for a quick spin

C.Ricko (possible)

goodall_m1

Cattleya

Plesbit (possible)

If anyone is joining us either with or without a boat can they post up and I will add you to the list.

Ian

Hi Luke,

cattleya has kindly offered to take some Photo's and we also have Adam and Mark along, although they will both have hands full of throttle levers.

Sure our resident photography forum mod will also have a camera on his person somewhere as well, so hopefully there will be plenty of photos to put a nice reminder of the meet together.

Ian

are all the boats going those fast jobbies? I will talk to the old man about dragging prunella out of brundall for a couple of days, but we can only make about 12-14 knots so may be a little slow for you youngsters in your flying machines!

are all the boats going those fast jobbies?

There is at least 1 boat that has a top speed of 14 knots and dependent on the weather that could end up the fastest out there :naughty::naughty:

Saturday will be just a quick run out or if the sea is really calm maybe even a trip up to scoby sands, either way there are no great distances involved so your speed should be no issue, you could always bring the little ski boat, a Broom if I remember rightly?

Ian

Hi Luke,

cattleya has kindly offered to take some Photo's and we also have Adam and Mark along, although they will both have hands full of throttle levers.

Sure our resident photography forum mod will also have a camera on his person somewhere as well, so hopefully there will be plenty of photos to put a nice reminder of the meet together.

Ian

Perhaps they better come on board Crackerjack so they have something solid to shoot from :naughty: although she will do 20 kts flat out.

14 kts Ian is how much slower I am than you. :lol:

Jonathan

Ian and all hi!

Sure, I will bring along my eos1d mk111 and take some snaps, but do you really want mark and I to be faffing around worrying about our aperture settings and ISO and shutter speeds at 28 knots??? Not least, as I will no doubt be helming from the 2nd floor and have not found my balance yet! :naughty:

Adam...aka "leroy bling" and suzanne ("blingette") :pirate :pirate :pirate

Ian and all hi!

Sure, I will bring along my eos1d mk111 and take some snaps, but do you really want mark and I to be faffing around worrying about our aperture settings and ISO and shutter speeds at 28 knots??? Not least, as I will no doubt be helming from the 2nd floor and have not found my balance yet! :naughty:

How dare you, no privileges or food for 7 days....... although I will continue to speak :naughty::naughty:two gunstwo gunstwo guns

Hi Simon et all,

the last time she got really cranked up was last august doing a couple of fast passes up and down breydon to make waves for me in the broom! I have attached a picture. Cranking up really isnt the right word though, the red line on the engines is 1500 rpm! The pic shows her at about 1100rpm, they are a rebadged version of the route master bus engine!

post-84-136713645329_thumb.jpg

Ian and all hi!

I'll bring my camera too, but I'll have to either show SWMBO how to use the camera, or how to use the boat :lol: Which one I wonder ..... :?

I'll bring my camera too, but I'll have to either show SWMBO how to use the camera, or how to use the boat :lol: Which one I wonder ..... :?

Now you are seeing the issues I have been having.

Adam a 1DMk111 with 100-400L while helming at sea is not a viable option..... I have tried it :?

One of the reasons I supplemented it with G11