Salty Bottoms Easter

Guest chriscraft
No Trevor,

You know the people who train killer whales and dolphins, when they ride on the backs of them? Well, you were sorta doing that with your boat :shocked

Lol

Lou xx

that explains it then! :dance

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

With my RNLI Sea Safety hat on - please let us know if you wish for us to carry out a FREE Sea Safety Check!!!!

It is FREE - (well a cup of Tea always goes down nicely!) we just offer advice and experiance - it's not a pass or fail, we don't scare you! and it's nothing to do with the Boat Safety Scheme.

If you would like this FREE chat/check - please email info@rightdirectiontraining.co.uk

Many thanks

John

I would encourage as many as possible to take John up on the offer, it really is not any kind of test any longer and some useful stuff can be learned, even for the more seasoned among us. I remember my first, when they awarded a sticker in (I think) bronze, silver and gold and I think that did backfire a bit as it did seem like a failure if one didn’t get a gold. I really must get one done again this year.

In a similar vein don’t forget to do your CG66 registration as it is now so easy to do online.

https://mcanet.mcga.gov.uk/public/cg66/login.asp

ok guys, no comments about this post please :lol:

But I dreamt about this trip last night :o

Like all dreams, I don't remenber much but this I do remember.

Adam and Suzanne's boat was HUGE. It had a cabin where the fly bridge is, a monster front cabin and side cabin and an even HUGER cellar type cabin underneath??, I kept waking round it saying "the one we looked at wasn't as big as this, must've have been because it was an older model?" over and over again. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Mark (mbird) showed me all the food he had brooght along to cook for us all, and he had a massive box, about 2 ft by 3 foot and about a ft deep filled with jumbo prawns, lobsters and different joints of meat like lamb and beef. He was going to cook it all up for us at Oulton Broard YS.

And all the salty bottom boats kept going out on to the broad and racing each other, even Crackerjack. and the funniest sight of all was Trev (Criscraft) going along with his front pointy bit plowing into the water so he looked sort of like a submarine :bow

Now, do you think I'm looking forward to this trip or what :lol::lol:

Lou xx

Even Crackerjack

At least I get a 7ft head start. :naughty:

Although at the rate of progress on the hard we may not be back in for Easter.

TT Crackerjack will have a freshly tuned 25hp 2 stroke on the back so should be quite rapid. :grin:

I would encourage as many as possible to take John up on the offer, it really is not any kind of test any longer and some useful stuff can be learned, even for the more seasoned among us. I remember my first, when they awarded a sticker in (I think) bronze, silver and gold and I think that did backfire a bit as it did seem like a failure if one didn’t get a gold. I really must get one done again this year.

In a similar vein don’t forget to do your CG66 registration as it is now so easy to do online.

https://mcanet.mcga.gov.uk/public/cg66/login.asp

Thanks for the link David !! Now done.

So far for Easter we have

Boats

Mariotech.

MBird.

Happyjax 11

Jupiter's Mist

Senator

Lucky

PJCJ

Chriscraft

Pandemonium (Possible)

People for a quick spin

C.Ricko (possible)

goodall_m1

Cattleya

Plesbit (possible)

If anyone is joining us either with or without a boat can they post up and I will add you to the list.

Ian

Getting closer,

By the sounds of it others are looking forward to this one as much as me. Can't wait to see Chriscraft ploughing the Broad, but if Pandemonium is joining us I think Crackerjack will be loosing his lead, In fact Chris may well have finished by the time the rest get to the start line :grin:

If there is anyone else who fancy's joining us can they post up if they would like their name added to list for Oulton Moorings.

Ian

Hi Ian and crew.

We would like to join you guys at Easter if the new boat comes off (nearly there).

We met a few of you at the 2008 May spring meet we were in the Quicksilver with the Honda 90hp

Looking to pick the boat up at the end of March 320bhp petrol just right for the broads not but we are looking

to have a change of scene occationally

Will post up pics when signed & sealed.

Regards John

Hi John, good luck with the new boat, Easter would be your first outing then? nothing like testing the sea keeping the day you pick it up :grin:

I will gladly add you to the list that Oulton Broad have got but I need to know a Boat Name, Length and boarding method. If you want to keep it a secret until the deal is done you can PM me the details and I will only tell one person at a time :naughty::naughty:

Would be great to see you there.

Ian

Guest chriscraft

Ploughing ehh,got to find the yatch station yet ,been on oulton on firework night in the summer but didn,t get that far,will we be moored stern to,the outer pontoon?,

Hi Trev,

The lads at the Yacht Station will sort it out but I would think we will be moored inside the basin stern on to the pontoon furthest from the lock.

If Chris is there with Pandora then they will probably put him on the outside as Pandora is a bit big, the hope is from there Jonathan with Crackerjack will be side on to the pontoon that faces out to the broad, Sea Hunter will be moored side on to Crackerjack so that they can keep the davits away from the pontoon, then the rest of us can go stern to along the pontoon, all with power.

Ian

You will get at least 2 in the lock but we will have to organise in which order to get all the boats through in the most efficient manor, some will go under the road and railway bridge some will have to wait for them to open and the waiting area between the road and railway bridge is not that big.

Hi Trev,

Last year we were moored at Oulton Broad YS and were invited through Mutford lock to Lowestoft and, as a river cruiser and a Mutford lock virgin, it was all very apprehensive stuff, :(

but actually, thanks to the YS guys, it all went very smoothly. :bow and we are looking forward to doing it again ice slice

Oh, I still just can't wait.

Lou xx

P.s Ian, stop ignoring us :lol:

This may seem like a draft question ,but can you get more than one boat though the lock at the same time/

Smaller boats yes but I've never been in with more than one other. You'd only get one Prunella in their though!

Hi Trev,

Last year we were moored at Oulton Broad YS and were invited through Mutford lock to Lowestoft and, as a river cruiser and a Mutford lock virgin, it was all very apprehensive stuff, :(

but actually, thanks to the YS guys, it all went very smoothly. :bow and we are looking forward to doing it again ice slice

Oh, I still just can't wait.

Lou xx

P.s Ian, stop ignoring us :lol:

Did somebody say something? :grin:

Guest chriscraft

Hi i hope we can get on the brinny stuff it,s been a while for me about 4 years ,this was the last boat i regularly used at sea,back in my keen fishing days,and yes we used to sleep on her aswell!!post-1-136713652447_thumb.jpg

post-1-136713652704_thumb.jpg