Chriscraft

Wayneakp

Pandemonium (Possible)

People for a quick spin

C.Ricko (possible)

goodall_m1

Cattleya

Plesbit (possible)

If anyone is joining us either with or without a boat can they post up and I will add you to the list.

Ian I am more definite than possible as an individual, though I will need a skipper willing to take me out (I have my application in, just waiting to hear from said skipper).

I'm not ruling out bringing our own, presently nameless, boat down but only if Susan's shifts are right and if she's back in the water (the boat, not Susan). She certainly won't be going to sea though.

So far for Easter we have

Boats

Mariotech.

MBird.

Happyjax 11

Jupiter's Mist

Senator

Lucky

PJCJ

Chriscraft

Wayneakp

Pandemonium (Possible)

Plesbit (Possible)

John B (possible)

People for a quick spin

C.Ricko (possible)

goodall_m1

Cattleya

Plesbit

If anyone is joining us either with or without a boat can they post up and I will add you to the list.

Ian

So is that the boat or Susan that won't be going to sea Simon?

There is always one to mess up the list isn't there. Will put you down as a definite and a possible then.

Do I take it you are spurning speed for the mature Lady then Simon?

Would this be Susan or the boat? :naughty:

Sorry to be difficult Ian but there are too many unknowns at this stage. The overall picture is this - if the boat is not in the water and Susan is not working we'll both come by train and join you in Oulton Broad / RNSYC. If Susan is working I'll come alone. If the boat is in the water and Susan not working we'll come by boat but not take her to sea. If the boat is in the water and Susan working then I'll come alone, by train.

Did you get all that? ;)

The boat is an unknown quantity. She is presently out of the water, but the only work she needs is the drive leg serviced and that's being done by an engineer so there's no real reason why she cannot be back in the water in time. There is other work to be done but none of that will keep her out of use on the rivers. Going to sea, on the other hand, isn't such a good idea. My main objection is that we will have no usable anchor mechanism. With only one engine and drive, neither of which will have had a decent run since the overhaul, I would be unwilling to put to sea knowing that, in the event of a problem, we could not secure ourselves whilst either attempting to fix the problem or waiting for help.

So now i think I've got over the whole going to sea bit with her indoors she has found another worry :? I mentioned the Royal Norfolk and Suffolk and she thinks that sounds rather posh and do we have to dress up. I did say "yes ..like Hyacinth Bucket"...that did'nt seem to help :lol:

Hi Wayne, that is actually a question I would love to know the answer to.

RNSYC is an old school club that embracess the traditions that come with that but at the same time the general rule of thumb is smart casual in the bar.

As to the restaurant I think it depends if the commador is in or not.

Maybe someone could post up the official line.

For normal day to day stuff the members seem to be normal people and I have not noticed any snobbery amoungst the masses. i am sure there are those that would like to see anyone without a public school education and a bently hung drawn and quartered but they are not dominant.

Dress for boating is normal clothing and nudity is only encouraged in nubile young women and eccentric millionaires. :grin:

hi all...

well the RNSYC let us in before...so I guess attire is not a problem :naughty: (we will be leaving the aston martin at home so as not to cause offence), though It may have been through sympathy after having successfully navigated the posts through breydon (and left all but one standing) we stupdily went through yarmouth to lowestoft with a f5 easterly wind...surprised we didnt end up on the beach at gorleston...he he!!

leroy! :pirate

regarding the pic of the grounded boat....did it ever occur to you ian how I took that shot???? two gunstwo gunstwo guns

Guest chriscraft

hi,

i have asked him if he wants to come and hopefully he will,along with chad and geoff,who are also intresed in a sea trip,but we,ll see what pans out after were all moved up the river in a fortnight :wave

Suzanne,

We were going to see how it went, have to be back at work on the Tuesday so may return the boat to Reedham Sunday night ready to leave at a reasonable time on Monday. Then again if it is 70 degrees in the shade I could be tempted to stay. :grin:ice slicecheers

On the subject of Sea Safety checks, Flare and Life Jacket Demos.

I have been corresponding with John since his post appeared offering to do Sea Safe checks.

It looks like now on the Saturday evening at RNSYC John will be able to do a Life Jacket Demo and a Flare talk, unfortunately he will not be able to do a flare demonstration as they have currently been suspended while an incident is investigated.

At the same time John will attempt to complete a FEW sea safety check's but could anyone living in the broads area please consider getting in touch with John directly if it is something they would like done and I would advise strongly that you take him up on this offer.

We now have quite a lot of boats coming along so John will not be able to get around everyone but I hope you all join me in thanking John for his offer :bow:clap:clap:clap.

John also informs me that he can provide Experienced instructor's for anyone that would like to take the opportunity of some formal training, or an experienced skipper if anyone would like one aboard. There would be a charge for these services but if anyone is interested then please contact John to take him up on the offer. info@rightdirectiontraining.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Only 4 weeks to go. Hopefully Crackerjack will be going back in on the 19th or 29th I have to speak to Goodchilds on Monday. We will posibly stay at RNSYC for Saturday and Sunday night and may be on the boat for up to a week weather permitting.

I have been smoke free for a year now :party2:

So any one joining us for the trip out will have to step outside to smoke and may be glad of one of our spare life jackets to keep it alight. :lol:

Jonathan :Stinky

HI,

Does anybody know if there will be diesel for sale at Oulton yatch club on good Fridy??

Hello, sorry dont know your name but have pm'd you information

There is also fuel available at RNSYC and Haven Marina just past the railway bridge on lake Loathing

Ian