Salty Bottoms Easter

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Wayne, that is actually a question I would love to know the answer to.

RNSYC is an old school club that embracess the traditions that come with that but at the same time the general rule of thumb is smart casual in the bar.

As to the restaurant I think it depends if the commador is in or not.

Maybe someone could post up the official line

Blazer, Chino's and Club Tie every time for me :wave

Hi all

We are really looking forward to this, can't wait!

Many of us have young ones with us, so I was wondering whether it would be possible to lay on an Easter Egg Hunt for them on Easter Sunday morning or egg painting or both? We could all agree (those with children) to spend X amount on small/mini eggs and if the weather is fine, hide them around the grounds of RNSYC or if inclement, I imagine the RNSYC would be happy for us to hide them inside?

I just think it may also make the weekend a little special for them too. I obviously don't know whether everyone allows their kids chocolate and it would only be fair if it is fair to all of them. So, if not maybe some egg painting or any other suggestions.

What do you think? Will we have time before getting our bottoms salty?

Sounds like a good idea Suzanne, to give them something to do whilst our heads clear maybe :naughty: . Might be more fun if we just throw the eggs in the water and make them dive for them?

I'm sure Harry would enjoy that, though I think Jack is too self-concious now to do that sort of thing (even though he would love to). If a few of us get a fivers worth of breme eggs, or something like that, there'd be plenty to find.

Poor old Bonny used to love the easter egg hunt at Beccles yacht station, he would sit on the back of the boat and watch the parents hide the eggs before the children arrived and as soon as they were gone the little bugger would jump off the back of the boat and poke the closest ones from their hiding places. We had to go and put them back, I never ate any honest.

Sounds like a good idea Suzanne, to give them something to do whilst our heads clear maybe :naughty: . Might be more fun if we just throw the eggs in the water and make them dive for them?

I'm sure Harry would enjoy that, though I think Jack is too self-concious now to do that sort of thing (even though he would love to). If a few of us get a fivers worth of breme eggs, or something like that, there'd be plenty to find.

You may be surprised with Jack, Tom (who is now 20) still wants to join in for the egg hunt at home :lol: . It tends to create competition for the older ones if the little ones are given a head-start! The temptation of a bag full of eggs can sway many teenagers :naughty:

Breme eggs.... are they new this season ... do they have fishy interior ;):?

Yep, a fiver sounds to good me.

Poor old Bonny used to love the easter egg hunt at Beccles yacht station, he would sit on the back of the boat and watch the parents hide the eggs before the children arrived and as soon as they were gone the little bugger would jump off the back of the boat and poke the closest ones from their hiding places. We had to go and put them back, I never ate any honest.

Sniffer dogs will be designated as cheating and any wins found will be confiscated by the adults :naughty:

Fab!! It is something we do every year when we are at home and, it will just give them some fun in what is, after all, a weekend designed for 'our' fun!!!

I also wondered whether there is a big screen TV/DVD unit somewhere inside and whether they could have a film night (with drinks and crisps purchased from the bar ;) ) on the Saturday evening, whilst we all enjoy some P&Q in the bar :naughty::grin:

My 2 will be up for that. They love an Easter egg hunt :dance We did one on Ranworth Staithe the year before last and lots of the kids from other boats joined in. Connor and Jay were very generous, I thought. :lol:

We will bring some chocolate eggs.

On another note, have we got a rough itinerary for the weekend??? Is it some where on this thread and has it changed???

Lou xx

On another note, have we got a rough itinerary for the weekend??? Is it some where on this thread and has it changed???

Lou xx

Aww, come on Lou, there's only 15 pages to read through :lol: .

I think the proposed itinery on page one is still pretty much as it is:

Friday, meet at Oulton Broad for a meet and greet, spend the night in the Yacht Station.

Saturday, Lock through to Lake Loathing and run down to Lowestoft for a look at the Sea State, if it is positive then a blast about will be on the cards, if not then into RNSYC where Saturday night will be spent. (possible diversion to haven overspill if RNSYC is full)

Sunday, another chance to get on the salt, if the weather is right this could be a run out and in at Yarmouth for the trip across Breydon and round to the Dukes Head for Sunday lunch.

Boatless Guests will be welcome at Oulton Broad or Royal Norfolk, if any are joining at Oulton then a little sorting will be needed to tie up lifts between Oulton and RNSYC.

This set up would give a chance to see the Sea before committing.

Though I stand to be corrected. I also think I will decline the offer to provide you with Lobster for lunch, as per your dream, but could be persuaded to cook up some bacon butties for anyone that wants them for brekkie. I'll bring along my Cadac so I can cook up about a pound of bacon at a time :lol:

Hi Lou,

As Mark says it is much the same with the addition of

a lifejacket Demo and flare talk on Friday evening by the Sea Safe man and the opportunity for a few to get a sea safety check before the talk.

An Easter egg hunt At RNSYC

Getting close now and I cant wait, even if Clanny is only half cleaned.

We are really looking forward to it too, as the first proper excursion! We've cleaned the hull from the gunwhales to waterline with oxalic acid, and I've managed to get off all the scale buildup too. I'm trying to get the colour restorer and proofer on the canopy over the next couple of afternoons, and then it's just cleaning. Oh, and needing the props back!

We've cleaned the hull from the gunwhales to waterline with oxalic acid, and I've managed to get off all the scale buildup too. I'm trying to get the colour restorer and proofer on the canopy over the next couple of afternoons, and then it's just cleaning.

Mark you'll show me up - got my Collinite yesterday - heaven knows when I will find time to get down to the boat to actually use it - they way work is I doubt it will be before the meet now - hey there's an idea for something for everyone to do :naughty:

Wayne