Brand New Small 2-3 Berth

Broads01

10 hours ago, Paul said:

did I read that right, 1500 quid for a week in May, surely that's two weeks? By comparison, Pacific Cruisers Diamond is 850 all in for that same week. We were on board her a few weeks ago and she is virtually as new. 

The boat is around 900 in May except for the School Holiday at the end.Expensive but not extortionate.

5 hours ago, ZimbiIV said:

Jean,

I have other objections to beds that way on.

Nowhere to put reading glasses or book or a glass of water and for some possibly teeth!

paul

Also the light switch is usually difficult to reach whilst in bed and from a safety point of view there is nowhere to put a torch so it is handy in the night.

Small boats....hmm. That reminds me of an occasion when we looked at a Corribee with a view to purchase. Tiny and great sailies, Ellen Mc Arthur's first boat was a Corribee, but with an upswept stern, even less of its length  of  some 15ft was in the water at moorings. 

We had already been aboard and noticed its trampoline qualities before the salesman turned up. He stood on the quayside as we went aboard again. 'A very stable little boat' he remarked.

Yes it is while you are holding the mast,' was my reply. He was quite unembarassed, we didn't buy.:dance

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, Broads01 said:

Interior photos now online http://www.herbertwoods.co.uk/adventuring-light

The saloon looks classy, the washroom and cabin less so but you have to take in to account this boat has old fashioned 2 berth dimensions. It's just a shame it doesn't come with old fashioned pricing. 

Hi Simon

All I'm seeing are external computer generated pictures not even any mooring ropes on board.

Bow thruster... ok these days, I see that as a benefit for less abled crew, but not having an electric mud weight windlass to go with it, shame on you.

Well that's one boat crossed off my list of potentials. Can't lift a mudweight with a replacement shoulder and tumours on the spine. The way things are going, with less linear moorings available, mud weight moorings might be the late comers only choice. So if I drop the mud weight in Ranworth, sorry Malthouse broad, as a last resort and can't lift it, can I do a breakdown call out? OR just cut the rope.?

That bed... looks too narrow, climbing over your partner, no.  So who is this boat aimed at, certainly in my opinion, not the mid to more mature customer, or anyone partially mobility impaired. 

Maybe the young couple with a small child, maybe, maybe not, if I recall not a lot of disposable income at that time in our lives or we would go with a lower cost option.

Looks like someone is booking it up, maybe some people just like new boats. 

• Like 1

Anything that helps make a boat easier to handle such as a bow thruster can only be a good thing in my opinion.

I do agree with Viking's thoughts about the mudweight 100%.  Not only can they be very heavy and unwieldy when trying to retrieve them but lobbing upwards of 20kg's off the deck attached to the boat with a rope does have an inherant danger to anyone lacking in the common sense and personal safety department and i am quite suprised no one to my knowledge has ever accidently drowned themselves deploying one!! 

If I ever looked at hiring in the future for health reasons a mudweight winch is one of my must haves even over the bow thruster!! 

We installed one ourselves on our own boat for around £100 and apart from the galavanised cable rather than rope or chain visible from the bow when its deployed you wouldnt know it was an ATV winch and not a specific marine version as its all hidden away!

With a bit of ingenuity it can be done without having to buy any of the incredibley expensive manual or electric marine winches on offer!