Goodbye Broadscot

Hockham Admiral

11 hours ago, diesel falcon said:

Scotland to the broads................may his  soul be ever at home,

Well done for posting that music.

As a matter of interest it also used to be the regimental slow march of the Royal Hong Kong Police Force, who had their own pipe band. It was requested by Chris Patten to be played on the day he departed the island as its last British Governor.

Hearing it here now has finally brought to my eye the tear that I have been holding back since yesterday.

Beautiful music and a most appropriate choice, thank you.

• Like 5

Just got back to the forum after the Christmas break. Terrible news, and the reports inferred he was on the mend. Never met the man, but like so many on here respected and loved him for his down to earth approach, and unfailing good humour. He is missed now and will be for the foreseeable future.

• Like 6

I only met Iain once, when we set up a crossing at the famous yellow post! That was many years ago now and typically he got the timing coming from the south absolutely spot on. We have communicated many times since, but I regret I never got the chance to shake his hand... RIP Iain ......

• Like 1

An Iain smiley thinghy, what a lovely idea and very appropriate, what an outpouring of grief and love shown for that lovely man on this thread, I hope he knows how loved and respected he was and very much still is, judging by this thread he always will be

Our peskiest of all the mods :love :kiss

Grace

• Like 6