Lure fishing

andyfish

Hi Andy

I have heard stories of some big fish being caught on Lures on the Broads. To be honest I have never caught anything, although my patience is very limited. :lol:

However, I did catch a jack pike when course fishing and bringing in a small roach, It just would not let go. I guess you could call that a lure. :naughty:

cheersbar

Hi Andy,

At this time of year the predators are in season (not pregers, but ready for catching).

The reason for this is that the fish are slowing down, due to cold weather, that is why dead baiting is catching,

If you are lure fishing (spinner or lure) do not get ahead of nature by bringing in the lure too fast, keep the retreival slow and steady, just a little faster pull, now and again to get the pikes attention, and hopefully you will catch.

Not a pro, but thats how I would do it.

Hi Andy

I have only ever caught 2 pike (both Jack) in my life, and both to lures/spinners.

The last one was at October Half Term at Geldeston. I used a lure which was jointed in the middle and when retrieved looked like a stuggling fish. I caugth the little beastie on only the third retrieve, having been trying for half an hour before with a conventional spinner! I dunno what he weighed, but he was about 16" long and very pretty!

As I understand it, most of the big fish fall to live bait, but I just don't agree with doing that personally, and dead baiting has never netted me anything.