Party Trick

Guest mariotech

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He used to design Dustbin lorries :lol:

Harsh I bet it looks good with the wheel house out over the water. I like rake of the wheel house windows. I am sure they called the guy who first put an engine in a boat so it could go from a to b without going to z.

Jonathan

Hi Pop's

I thought these stinky GP type things couldn't get any uglier, then somebody posts up this monstrosity :o :o :o

Even a mast and a suit of sails couldn't help it. Who was the designer? Certainly not a naval architect! :evil::naughty: :naughty:

there is nothing wrong with it i would have it if he gave me it or i won the euro mills.

I love weird & wonderful boats

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but since you are discussing my boat I feel I ought to have my say!

Enigma was built from scratch by myself and friends and is a 45ft 22 tonne V bottom category B steel barge.

The wheelhouse can swing right right down to the water giving 2.1m airdraft and takes approx 1 minute full travel. Its unconventional appearance is constrained to a very large degree by its functionality eg flat sides on wheelhouse necessitated by lift arms, paralell motion linkage and sliding windows for visibility up the side of the boat when the cab is low and also a relatively flat front to tuck in behind the hull when wheelhouse is low.

But on the upside it has a lot of space under the cab giving a 24ft long kitchen-saloon a great view from the wheelhouse and offers more fun than most boats going under low bridges...... especially good in the pouring rain!

Hoping to be on the broads spring 2012 and look forward to seeing you all.

Hi John

Seriously, how the hell can he do that without some serious technology.? I live 45 mins away from Burton Waters and I've got

to go and see it. On second thoughts I must just ring the marina and see if the boat really does exist!!

Regards to Mary-Jane

James

It Bogey, the boat defiantly exists! We were moored about 200 yrds from it for about 6 months while we were based there. She does get plenty of use so if you do pop round don't be surprised to find an empty birth.

Hi boaters, curiously enough I havent got any pictures of Enigma in the water with the cab down I am always driving it and no one has sent me a picture!

Controls wise its throttle and gears are Morse electronic with small servo motors engaging the controls at the engine end and the steering is via an electronic tiller (not joy stick, tried that horrible). The boat doors are also remote power operated for low bridges with an eletric hatch above the stairs in case its raining.

Got a funny picture of the boat going down the road though ill see if I can post that.