Party Trick

Guest mariotech

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, can't think of the type, but a small, norman/freeman thing... 4 berth with no saily bits on it.

I keep looking on the web, and dreaming.....

But i have told the OH, get one for about £7000, insure it, more it, fuel it, get to it, toll it, and everything else....

And it would be about £10k for the first year including buying the boat.

Then if we don't like it......sell the boat.... so will will loose about £5k

But if we don't try it, we wouldn't know.

one weeks hire is £500 (I go for the cheaper boats, out of season) so if we get 4 weeks in the summer time,(thats about £2500 hiring) and every weekend we can make it then £5,000 aint that bad.

:Stinky not :Sailing

yes, can't think of the type, but a small, norman/freeman thing... 4 berth with no saily bits on it.

But i have told the OH, get one for about £7000, insure it, more it, fuel it, get to it, toll it, and everything else....

one weeks hire is £500 (I go for the cheaper boats, out of season) so if we get 4 weeks in the summer time,(thats about £2500 hiring) and every weekend we can make it then £5,000 aint that bad.

:wave hi donnygeoff have you tried looking on ebay yet ? i saw two for sale last week one was an old wooden one, & the other one was a sedan type which did'nt look bad, don't know how much they went for as it was still in bidding mode, lori :Stinky

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I`m ALWAYS looking at the brokerage websites, and saw a nice little Hampton 25 at Waterside marine. It was on their site since last year, and Karen and i looked at it in late June when we were up there. We worked out the cost etc involved, and decided we wanted to go for it. We went back the next day, and Alan May at Waterside explained they`d arranged a trial run for somebody else the following day, and they subsequently bought it two gunstwo gunstwo gunstwo guns . Just bloody typical, we see one after waiting so long, and it goes the next day :cry:cry:cry .

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Don`t forget Geoffers, the price on the board is ONLY the asking price, and the final sale price after negotiation is usually a fair bit cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...
I`m ALWAYS looking at the brokerage websites, and saw a nice little Hampton 25 at Waterside marine. It was on their site since last year, and Karen and i looked at it in late June when we were up there. We worked out the cost etc involved, and decided we wanted to go for it. We went back the next day, and Alan May at Waterside explained they`d arranged a trial run for somebody else the following day, and they subsequently bought it two gunstwo gunstwo gunstwo guns . Just bloody typical, we see one after waiting so long, and it goes the next day :cry:cry:cry .

Hi,Bill theres 2 more Hamptons for sale at WM both at £14,950..

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Yeah, i`ve seen them Barry, but i`ve decided to wait for another year and a half so my investments run their full term. That way, i should get a little more by way of full term bonuses etc (hopefully?), which might give me an extra £4-5,000 to play with. I`m ALWAYS looking at brokerage websites, and i`m particularly interrested in Pacific cruisers "Swift" which is also up for sale at Waterside, though i think the £15,950 asking price is a bit optomystic. Do you think it`ll still be there in around 20 months time ;);) .

• 5 months later...
anybody heard or seen enigma?

jonny

Yes Jonny

Saw her a while back at Burton Waters Marina Lincoln, Impressive boat and the couple who own her were talking about bringing her to the broads although I doubt she would get around some of the bends! Beautiful boat and stands out in the crowed. Description of build- barn conversion on a big hull :lol::lol:

James

Duh Jonny...

Didn't read the thread as didn't realise that things had moved on :lol:

Not seen on the Broads. Think I will PM Brian and see what is happening.

James