Glue

I would like to modify one of the cascades on Frances' pond and the job is going to need some form of glue and some silicon mastic/sealer.

I know that there is a glue that can be used on wet surfaces but I cant remember what it's called, also does anyone know if it's harmful to fish? I need to stick slate chippings to a kind of slate composite tile whilst the waterfall is still running but hey! Why make life easy?.

I also need to fill a crack that has developed in the cement in this cascade. does anyone know if this glue that can be applied wet has good 'filling' capabilities?

Finally I need to know how shallow I can get away with for the grave when I find the pond builder who did the job in the first place. !!!

• Like 2

Milliput sounds good for one of the jobs but not one of the others, I need a glue that will be like a mastic in consistency  but needs to adhere to a wet surface under a flow of water. I'll not be able to push down very hard on the job so the adhesive needs to be soft and squudgy.

2 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Milliput sounds good for one of the jobs but not one of the others, I need a glue that will be like a mastic in consistency  but needs to adhere to a wet surface under a flow of water. I'll not be able to push down very hard on the job so the adhesive needs to be soft and squudgy.

Jiffy is certainly soft and some would say squidgy :naughty:

3 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

I'll not be able to push down very hard on the job

You know...a man gets to a certain age and the piles start giving him gyp!

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

Gorilla Grab adhesive

This is something I do know about having helped my eldest lad fix a neighbor's home designed toilet plumbing using this and a similar product. You know how these old boys get with their clipboards and a refusal to accept their design won't work and their refusal to bring in a plumber because of the expense even though their homemade 'cheap' solution has already cost the same as a professional...and at the end of the day my lad's an electrician so will know all about plumbing too...

It does work MM, it's strong BUT...it takes longer to set than the instructions describe. Time to don the swimming gear and climb in the pond to hold whatever you are gluing in place by hand for twenty minutes!

MM - I think the jollop you're after may be CT1, magic on bodging Windows and deffo works on wet surfaces. According to my tube it's safe for food preparation areas but also 'prevents fungal growth' . "Full data sheet available at www.ct1ltd.com" it says. Not sure if I'd want to use a lot of it on a fish pond though.

So you were going to tell us then MM? I mean...all this talk of fixing ponds and what 'ave yer and all the time...I mean...you were going to offer us NBN members discount and wot not? I mean there I am browsing TwitFace and up pops this :shocked !
hopton.jpg