Cruising On The Corsican New Vlog...

CheshireCat

Hello we have started a new vlog on youtube  Cruising On The Corsican please give us a look . This weeks is cooking on a boat we don't no anything about making video's but we will learn , so we done this one in one take . We will be doing mare if people like them so you tell us what you think , subscribe if you like and comment , if you don't like also let us know thumbs down . If you have any ideas we would love to hear them so watch our first vlog just click the link below thanks ....

• Like 8

Just a small word of warning when using these portable hobs. NEVER be tempted to use an oversize pan. Oversize pans can transfer heat to the area where the canister is located and has been the cause of several explosions.

• Like 1

I cant believe the response I'm getting so I will do more in fact I will do one next week end , don't know yet what I will cook but it will be something nice , PLEASE SUBSRIBE  TO MY CHANNEL as it make life easy you will get notified when I uploads a new video , and please any ideas let us know anything you would like to see me cook let us know I will try my best to do it for you thanks ...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, alexandlorna said:

Love it  guys !

We will be sending you our itinery for our first 4 weeks of the season , feel free to moor behind us , we will even break our " no double mooring " rule !!  Looks really good x

Alex & Lorna ☺☺

Hey maybe I will do mince and potatoes one night and you guys can come on board live on camera as the Scottish judges and say it's good but no as good as my mothers ... lol ... cheers ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bound2Please said:

Geoffrey

When ever moored near you two the smells wafting from your cooking is truely mouth watering..Keep it up

Charlie  :broadscot

Thanks very much Charlie very nice of you , we will be doing another Vlog this weekend as we have hade such a good response from the first one ... cheers ...

• Like 3

Nice work keep it up! but I'm going one better than ChrisB on the portable hob from experiance, I used to have a little weekender that had no cooking facility's so bought one of those! and always took the canister out as soon as I finished using it, on one occasion I set it up ready but got distracted and was talking to someone on the bank, when Jude said to me I can smell gas! on checking the cabin was full of gas, after letting it clear for a couple of hours with everything open I checked and although the canister looked like it was seated properly it wasn't and emptied a full canister into the boat, on another occasion I forgot to take the canister out and the same thing happened, both cookers were brand new, result I won't let one anywhere near my boat now, there are many danger warnings about them, BA, BSC and on most forums, these are not meant for boat use, and if the canisters are not propery stored in the gas locker it will fail the BSC, I'm not nit picking it's your life! but be VERY VERY carfull with  these cookers,,,

BSC dangers

• Like 1

the problem with filming in the galley is it's size and the head is so close to the galley there is no where for Steve to get a really good shot and be able to pan in and out , so that is why we chose sitting at the table lots of room to lay things out and room for Steve to be able to move around with the camera . We can't change the size of The Corsican so we will have to continue filming at the table , so we need to look in to is a way of cooking there safely any suggestion would be welcome please . I have been looking at all different kinds of single ring hobs / stoves that are out there and also a electric frying pan which doubles as a slow cooker it's a all round dose everything kind of thing , so please don't think I am just dismissing what you guys are saying I'm not . So dose anyone out there have any good ideas that would help us to continue the Vlogs safely thanks ... cheers ... 

• Like 1

I don't know if this helps but Go Outdoors sells a single gas ring that's powered from a standard bottle+regulator. This would enable the gas bottle to be placed outside, with the hose perhaps through a window. I use one of these when I'm camping, and have even used it for lead melting.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

I don't know if this helps but Go Outdoors sells a single gas ring that's powered from a standard bottle+regulator. This would enable the gas bottle to be placed outside, with the hose perhaps through a window. I use one of these when I'm camping, and have even used it for lead melting.

Thanks John I have thought about going that way I'v seen some very nice single ring burners which we could succour to the table and as you say have the bottle outside could be the way forward ...

I am looking at all the single ring hobs / stoves that are available , it would be nice NOT to have to plug in to the electric as the idea of the vlog is to demonstrate what you can achieve on a boat with limited cooking facilities , but don't get me wrong if I have to go down that line in the interest of safety well I will , anyway please keep the ideas coming there all very good ...

24 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

Do a Jamie Oliver and cook outside on the quay heading? Might want to wait for the summer though. I dont think ive seen him doing it during the winter on any of his programmes. cheers

Isn't that the geezer who use took cook in the buff the naked chef Mark ha ha ... he nearly burnt his sausage on the BBQ ha ha :naughty:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your input , I'm still researching all the different single ring hobs / stoves available on the market , it's all a bit of a mine field just type single ring hob stove in to Ebay and you will see what happens .

We will be on the river this weekend as per , and Cruising On The Corsican will be filming Vlog number two , we have had a request to make something however if you want to know what it is well You'll just have to watch .

It is going to be a very wet , cold , windy and maybe even some snow at the weekend but we are really looking forward to getting out and about and enjoying the Broads as we love cruising in the winter it is our favourite time of the year , some weekends you don't even see another boat it's like having your own private river so good ...

• Like 3

All I can say is you need to learn from this guy!!!

im bloody jealous!!!! I've got barrels to his little six pack!!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3866826/amp/Meet-nearly-Naked-Chef-wowing-millions-online-racy-Peruvian-recipes.html

i reckon the women are not overly interested in his culinary skills!!!

what do you think grace? Worth a nibble?

:bow:bow:bow

Safe cooking Mr Corsican. Do you have any rabbit recipes? One thing I like, but am really not confident cooking. And loads of it quite cheap in the norfolks. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Baitrunner said:

All I can say is you need to learn from this guy!!!

im bloody jealous!!!! I've got barrels to his little six pack!!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3866826/amp/Meet-nearly-Naked-Chef-wowing-millions-online-racy-Peruvian-recipes.html

i reckon the women are not overly interested in his culinary skills!!!

what do you think grace? Worth a nibble?

:bow:bow:bow

Safe cooking Mr Corsican. Do you have any rabbit recipes? One thing I like, but am really not confident cooking. And loads of it quite cheap in the norfolks. 

Funny you should ask me about Rabbit Baitrunner , I have several recipes but one in particular is my favourite , and as I promised to do requests I will get some Rabbit and do a Vlog on this recipe , I can't say when but it will be soon you have my word ...

• Like 1