Tolls query

Jupes

Can anybody throw any light on the below statement taken from the BA website??

Private boats which can show they have paid their annual Great Yarmouth Port Authority Harbour dues will receive a discount of 50% on the appropriate Broads Toll, this is available against both the annual Broads toll and Broads short visit toll.

Possibly means if you pay Harbour dues to GYPA and then want to enter the Broads the toll would be at a 50% discount.

I wonder if GYPA Harbour dues and 50% of Broads Toll work out at less than 100% Broads Toll :naughty::norty:

That's exactly what it means Perry, there was a huge fight about four years ago when GYHA were trying to impose compulsary harbour dues on everybody moored in Goodchild and Burgh Castle marina and with the 50% toll discount it would have been more expensive.

Have a word with one of the longer standing berth holders or Alan or Sue Suzanne it was quite a scare at the time and would have affected their business quite a bit, we had letters firing off all over the place untill it quietly went away.

Can comfirm it,s more expensive to do it with both,priced it last year :cry

Well done for trying. I think however that the 28 day rule might also scupper it, I suppose if a day is treated as any time you enter the BA area or accumulated time, whoc would monitor I don't know. Still all academic.