Road Tax Changes

Baitrunner

We have all had a whinge about the broads tolls going up for some of us, but not many people seem to have heard about the road tax changes coming into force in April. 

It might not affect many of us, but it has been kept fairly quiet. 

Seems if you want to buy an electric, hybrid or low emission vehicle the road tax incentive has gone. And those that can afford a gin palace car over £40k, well!!!!

mind you looking at new car prices it won't be long before a small car costs you over £40k!!!

There are many reports but this is one I have looked at. 

http://www.whatcar.com/advice/buying/ved-car-tax-changes-in-2017-what-do-i-need-to-know/

• Like 2

We found out about this quite by chance when we were looking to replace my Aygo.  The C1 we bought in September is £0 Road tax forever.  If I had bought it in April next year first year nothing then £140 from then on.  Not an incentive for manufacturers to continue designing low emission cars... 

Certainly a sneaky way of clawing in more money!

One good thing though, the Traffic VED isn't changing.

We found out the same way when we replaced our car a couple of months ago. 

Surprising that such an aggressive increase had not been highlighted by the government but then as it is a tax to be on the road and as according to that study the other day, our roads are in dire need of repairs beyond the patch up and make do we are getting at the moment, then the government will surely be using the extra money to fix them - wont it?