Hemsby Life Boat

JennyMorgan

Wouldn't dream of ridiculing folk for their mishaps, at least not those made in public. No way would I do it :angel:. I mean if I saw Poppy high & dry on Breydon, unlikely I know, but could I sail on without recording the event for posterity and posting across all Broads related fora? Well, could I? Could you even? Let's be honest, it would be too good an opportunity to miss! I know darn well that folk would photograph me in a similar position, Just have to grin & bare it! P.S. I would stop and ask Poppy if I could help, one way of getting red faced close-ups! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Most of the boats I have seen stuck on the mudflats on Breydon Water are usually absent, there is never any sign of life, it is almost like they have been abducted by aliens.

Regards

Alan

Probably the crew are ashore, breathing a sigh of relief and thinking, 'Oh my lor, we've survived that and now we've got to face the humiliation of seeing our stranded boat on the Norfolk Broads Network! In reality I suspect it will be the highlight of their trip, the one thing that they will tell all their friends about! My wife tends to remember the time we capsized in the surf, having broken the centreboard, and she reckons she nearly drowned rather than the spectacular trips we have had, such as the time we drifted home one night & the Northern Lights gave us a memorable display.  

So, I see Jenny Morgan on the mud at Breydon and I see footprints from the boat to the shore. Hmmm Would I go to see where Peter was or would I take loads of pics and post them here..... Hmmmm decisions decisions....,.

Sorry Peter..... YEEEEE HAAAAA :) 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

So, I see Jenny Morgan on the mud at Breydon and I see footprints from the boat to the shore. Hmmm Would I go to see where Peter was or would I take loads of pics and post them here..... Hmmmm decisions decisions....,.

Sorry Peter..... YEEEEE HAAAAA :) 

I would expect nothing less. Just send me a 20 X 16 canvas mounted print in a tasteful swept, guilt frame, if there is such a thing. Unless a tragedy takes place then public humiliation is par for the course, indeed it's often the price of getting it wrong!

I once photographed a sailing cruiser being towed stern first off the mud during a race and the owner was rather less than impressed, especially when it went viral across Norfolk.  On the other hand other owners more normally ask me for prints and whether it will be on face-book or not!

Now I get that sort of thing happening to novice hirers but experienced Broads Men, the likes of JM, MM, Charlie, Alan, Jaws, Eric, etc, etc, nothing would please me more in getting my camera out and posting my offerings on this very Forum, ridicule you, never, a ruddy good laugh, oh yes :naughty:

Charlie, I think you'll find that women are far too clever to ignore signs and posts etc, when the need arises (a lot of the time in my case) we don't think it beneath us to actually ask for directions :naughty:

Grace

• Like 3