Berney Arms Cafe

Berneyarms

Hi Berney Arms, glad to hear the place will be used again. A cafe with shop sounds a wonderful idea. Maybe with a license for off sales cheers.

Hopefully a good basic menu with a breakfast option.

Wish you every success and can't wait to hear more detailed plans.

Colin andRuth

Thanks for the welcome ... Looking forward to serving the first proper cup of coffee and bacon roll ( or veggy )  maybe a hog roast sitting round the fire pit .... What would you like to see going on at the cafe...What are your food preferences... We are not looking at it profit first with pound signs in the eyes  more lifestyle , important moorings and then perhaps a couple a quid...... What's the fishing like..?

• Like 2

The fishing is largely salt water. e.g. flounders, mullet, odd bass and a few smelt and eels. Assuming, when lifestyle is mentioned, the hippy lifestyle but being an aged hippy at heart I rather welcome that. My crew consists of rampant carnivores and picky veggies so bbq'ed bloaters, kippers and the like is always popular.

Hopefully we'll be able to set up our tent on land rather than on-board. Great place to moor in the summer but can you please ask the cows and wildlife to withhold their raucous dawn-chorus to at least seven o-clock, four o-clock is a tad early! Until you actually witness the Halvergate dawn chorus you'll not realise just how loud it can be! 

Great place to be, lucky you. Just hope that the pub serves Broadside & Aspalls.

• Like 1

Excellent news and good luck. Hope to see you early April. 

A question for the mods - can they share their opening times etc on here? I'm sure we all appreciate someone taking this on and hope we can support them in making it a success?

what about a southern forum meet up there now? A hog roast would go down a storm with me. 

• Like 2

Now that is one fantastic opening first post, I don't think anyone can beat that one.

Great news, walk before you can run, a cafe, shop, a toilet, a rest stop for walkers too, and for those travelling by train. You might just put the Berney Arms halt back on the map again.

So... what can the shop stock ? 

Milk, bread,  loo rolls, tea, coffee, chocolate, newspapers, toys sweets, crab lines, buckets and bait, postcards, stamps, ice cream, Broadland fudge with a picture of the pub and the mill. lol. 

Still haven't convinced Gracie yet, chocolate... not enough... wine yep that's the one. It might take time to go for the licence route, if you wish to later. 

I am so pleased it will open again as it is an iconic venue, like the Wherries and Potter Heigham Bridge, you are part of the Broadland landscape.

• Like 1