Land Rover Drowned

JennyMorgan

Unusual for a defender, they're normally stolen and broken up for parts. A Defender being a big meccano set you can fit almost any part to any Series (except series 1) or post series LandRover, any so from 1958 to 2016.

Unless you've go a Series One or early series 2 which are worth a fortune these days, then any after that, most are often worth more in parts than a complete vehicle.

Even my 35 year old LandRover 110 is going up in value!!!

1 minute ago, JennyMorgan said:

Re ex wives getting revenge, I once remember one such lady who called in Ready-Mix. Her husband had a swanky open top American sportscar which was parked outside his replacement lady's house. His ex had it filled with concrete! 

I have heard several versions of that story lol 

Here is a true story - for I was there. 

An American business man split from his Indonesian wife and part of the deal was for her to sell his Volvo and give the money to his secretary ( who he was intimate with ). The wife kept her side of the deal and sold the Volvo for USD 7 - yes - seven dollars.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jim said:

I have heard several versions of that story lol 

Back then I worked for a company called Dive-Con, an American owned oil exploration company in Great Yarmouth. The owner of the car was also employed there. if I remember rightly his girl friend lived in Lowestoft. Getting on for fifty years ago now! 

5 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Back then I worked for a company called Dive-Con, an American owned oil exploration company in Great Yarmouth. The owner of the car was also employed there. if I remember rightly his girl friend lived in Lowestoft. Getting on for fifty years ago now! 

I was told what was said to be a true story involving a readymix driver who was tipped off his wife was misbehaving. The tip off was correct but when he assumed the posh car outside his house belonged to his wifes "friend" he filled it with concrete.  The commotion outside caused our man the get quickly clothed, jump on his pushbike and ride off up the road.  The car belonged to an insurance agent visiting a neighbour!

• Like 1

I heard of a chap seriously cheating on his girl friend. Again this is going back to when shag pile carpets were all the rage.

She waited until he had gone off to the Far East for two weeks on business, let herself into his flat and spread dozens of packets of mustard and cress seeds all over the shag pile. She then gave them a really good watering before letting herself out.