Ice

Hylander

There is more ice around than you think. A fisherman on his boat this morning told us beyond Wroxham bridge the river is frozen. Near us is a dyke and when it defrosted this morning great shards of ice flowed into the river. Going to be a cold one tonight

Wnen I was a school kid (yes grace even I was once) Shenfield common pond used to freeze over mid October and more or less stayed that way until March. The days it wasnt we the exception unlike now. Us kids used to slide on it ride our bikes on it or should that be try!...... We had proper winters then killed off lot of germs and bugs.

Charlie :broadscot

• Like 6

My hubby was taking the dog for a walk alongside the Grand Union Canal yesterday when he heard a very odd 'Crash...scrape...rumble' sound.  It was a canoeist trying to make his way along the frozen canal.  We can only imagine that his canoe had been a Christmas present and that he just couldn't do without a weekend paddle (or perhaps that should be smash).

Helen:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, SPEEDTRIPLE said:

Well, seeing as the river is all iced up, i can recommend Rosie Leas for a nice warm Lunch, or even a nice hot full English for breakfast tomorrow.

It's a long way to go though as Paul is in Beccles, not Loddon :-) The apartments do look very similar to the ones in Loddon.

• Like 3

Genuine question? Are both those apartments and the ones in Loddon built on land that used to belong to Aston's? If so its more than likely they were designed by the same architect? They do look similar, although the ones in Loddon have some three story houses in the terrace.

4 hours ago, Gracie said:

"Yes Grace even I was once".......really!......I didn't know they had schools in cavemen days :naughty: :kiss

Paul&Lorna, I am so envious of you right now, lovely pictures, it looks beautiful, can I be cheeky and ask is there any more where they came from?

Grace

Hi Gracie, just got home, have a couple more i'll post soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YnysMon said:

My hubby was taking the dog for a walk alongside the Grand Union Canal yesterday when he heard a very odd 'Crash...scrape...rumble' sound.  It was a canoeist trying to make his way along the frozen canal.  We can only imagine that his canoe had been a Christmas present and that he just couldn't do without a weekend paddle (or perhaps that should be smash).

Helen:facepalm:

I live about a stones throw from the Grand Union at Warwick.  The swans were breaking a path through the ice earlier by constantly sitting on it so it breaks.  Took them a while and they had a queue of ducks behind them.

I was too busy trying to stop the dog from chasing them so no photos I'm afraid!

31 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Ice - :shocked  Not good, well not if it doesn't warm up for the 3rd Feb, I just HAVE to get 'B.A' to Horning on that day well before close of play otherwise the whole job / timings will go to Hull in a Handcart :summertime:

Griff

Maybe you'll have to get your skates on.