Interesting Hearts Badge

Bound2Please

2 minutes ago, Regulo said:

What people ask, and what they get are two vastly different things!

But the price of any thing is determined by what someone is willing to pay/bid for some thing. In an auction people can get carried away. I note that the the original item of this post is at £33.99 with still over 6 days for it to run, so where will it end up .Over to you Vaughan

Charlie

• Like 1

I am still considering it, but I shall not be bidding again until the last minute. I only bid once, and that was for £10!

Objectively, I think this is too high a price, but then for me, it is personal!

We sold out of those pins many years ago and never thought to keep any for ourselves.

The boats were fitted with their own crockery with the flag on, loose cushions likewise and there were special Bakelight ashtrays with suckers so that they stuck to the bulkhead, each having the name of the individual boat on them.

All gone now for souvenirs, of course!

• Like 2

We tried named cushions etc, at Fowlers, they kept getting pinched! Vaughan, re rare badges, no joking, there are avid collectors, even on this forum, who have been known to pay considerable bucks for badges they don't have. Luckily the Hearts badge is quite common;)! When it came to 'souvenirs' nothing is or was sacred. For one season we had an ex Dunkirk Little Ship in the fleet. Within weeks the official brass plaque was nicked, grrrrrrrr.

• Like 2

It's already over sixty quid, for a common as muck badge that's incredible! Bet Vaughan now wishes that he'd kept a few back for a rainy day. Reckon that it'll top the ton! Just think, as school kids we scrounged them for nix. Collecting badges used to be reserved for skint kids!

1 hour ago, Regulo said:

Hang on!! This can't be right!!!! A Yorkie giving something away - FREE!!!!!! Are you feeling alright, Griff?

Ah don't be fooled Ray, us Yorkshiremen might be similar to Scotsmen...wi all t' generosity wrung 'art n' us...but we keeps that generosity in barrels tha knos' n' lavish it on 'us ansums! 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Timbo said:

Ah don't be fooled Ray, us Yorkshiremen might be similar to Scotsmen...wi all t' generosity wrung 'art n' us...but we keeps that generosity in barrels tha knos' n' lavish it on 'us ansums! 

I tried Google Translate and even that couldn't cope with the above!

• Like 4