River Ant

timh

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

A nice guy too unless you mention National Parks :default_biggrin:

1 hour ago, vanessan said:

Or a certain Doctor!!

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

There's another big storm forecast next Friday....

58 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Where for? I haven’t seen anything on the online forecasts. 

The storm's going to be here. I'm going to say how much I like the Broads National Park,  and what a wonderful man that Doctor is. :-)  :default_hiding:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheQ said:

It was on the weeks forecast on countryfile yesterday

Thank you. I had meant to watch that but somehow missed it! I gather from my better half, who did watch it, that it’s one to ‘keep an eye on’. Nothing showing on the BBC weather website for the east or south east as yet so fingers crossed it doesn’t happen. 

5 hours ago, Gracie said:

Hey Malcolm 

Have a lovely time, I hope the weather is good for you too

I've caught some nice Perch on the grassy bank opposite the houseboats, using worm and feeding with maggot (yuk)

Eight inches is a bit of an exaggeration :default_biggrin: And if you haven't worked it out by now I'll let you in on a secret, our Jenny Morgan is actually a man, he's good ship is called the Jenny Morgan. I made the same mistake when I joined. A nice guy too unless you mention National Parks :default_biggrin:

Oh and don't forget the lovely Wayford Bridge Inn, good food and a great pub x

Thanks for the advice, Gracie, and I see you're also someone who is coy about gender! I'll look out for the stiletto marks on the grass bank. Eight inches too much? Well, mine's twelve inches, but I don't use it as a rule.

We're intending to patronise the local inn, as we intend having a totally lazy holiday. It will be a compromise of fishing time and her time, but then the best time for fishing is probably early and late, and I can always park the rod on the rail in the evening and loop the line round my toe while we sit inside.

• Haha 1

I'm definitely a girlie :default_biggrin:

Sounds like my kind of holiday

I also find the best time for fishing is early or late especially evening time, wrap up warm, even a duvet. Sit on the bow with a glass of something nice. As it gets dark put a night light on the float, pure bliss x

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gracie said:

I'm definitely a girlie :default_biggrin:

Sounds like my kind of holiday

I also find the best time for fishing is early or late especially evening time, wrap up warm, even a duvet. Sit on the bow with a glass of something nice. As it gets dark put a night light on the float, pure bliss x

Hi Grace would that be a large glass of red wine:default_norty:

Regards

Alan

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Meantime said:

Gracie's Covid Test

1. Pour a large glass of red wine, try to smell it.

2. If you ca n smell the wine then drink it & see if you can taste it.

3. If you can smell and taste it confirms you don't have covid.

Last night I did the test 10 times and all were negative, thank God.

Brilliant :default_biggrin: That's my kind of test  :default_drinks: 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Meantime said:

Can't think who you mean :default_biggrin: x

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Malcolm Withell said:

With all this rain I suppose it's likely the rivers will be in flood next week when we arrive for a holiday! The Broads rivers aren't very long - do they take long to go down to normal levels or is it a question of surrounding land draining out?

The aweigh app is useful.

https://aweigh.co.uk/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Malcolm Withell said:

I arrived on Monday. No mobile signal and no WiFi so although it's a bit of a nuisance it also means we're not being disturbed! Lots of small rudd and perch, plus roach and possibly hybrids (not sure about that). Let's hope something bigger turns up sometime while I'm here.

Do they have wi-fi in the WB Inn? I’m sure there’s a reasonable signal in there too so maybe a good excuse to pop in for a few jars? 

22 minutes ago, Malcolm Withell said:

I arrived on Monday. No mobile signal and no WiFi so although it's a bit of a nuisance it also means we're not being disturbed! Lots of small rudd and perch, plus roach and possibly hybrids (not sure about that). Let's hope something bigger turns up sometime while I'm here.

Grey Mullet perhaps?