Engine room heaters

Was down slopping a bit of A/F in the raw water side today and whilst poking about in the boiler room a though occurred, those of you that are fitting engine room heaters should perhaps consider plugging the engine room air intakes if you had not already thought of it otherwise a lot of the heat will be wasted by the cross draft and go straight outside.

Mmmm funny you should say that it has been something that has been nagging at me for the last couple of days and your post has just set the alarm bells properly ringing :cry

With SWMBO hospitalised there was no chance of me getting to the ship so I will have to hope that the heater has taken enough of the 'edge' off for all to be OK. Sea based there is little chance of the water freezing and in three years the engine bay has never got below 7c so fingers crossed.