AQUAFIBRE MOULDS

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

To be honest I think Potter is a bit of a squeeze most of the time, to say the least. Suffers from the same problem as many boats built out to their full beam, in that its not so much the headroom, I think my Diamond is only 6' 7", but it has "broad shoulders"! The last Diamond sold was the ex Summercraft one - still on the NYA website I think.

Wroxham is better as the arch is wider but I don't do Potter!!

17 hours ago, RS2021 said:

I see these are listed at being built by 'Heritage Broads Cruiser'. Who are they. I thought BB had the moulds and were building them for their fleet. Is 'Heritage Broads Cruiser' the boat building arm of BB or someone else altogether?

Yeah, it's just a brand.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 09/05/2020 at 14:54, WherryNice said:

Got a little surprise in the post today in the form of a poster I bought on ebay and then promptly forgot about.......

20200509_142429.jpg

This reminds me of what the RAF had in WW2 to identify enemy aircraft, obviously this is the broads version and I'm sure they are all friendly.

Love the poster. It seems to have every Aquafibre on it but ours, which is a 35ft centre cockpit model, but on ours, the deck doesn't dip down towards the stern like the Pearl 35.6 shown on the poster. 

1 minute ago, SteveO said:

Love the poster. It seems to have every Aquafibre on it but ours, which is a 35ft centre cockpit model, but on ours, the deck doesn't dip down towards the stern like the Pearl 35.6 shown on the poster. 

I'm guessing that it only shows the mouldings that they offering at the time the poster was produced, I would take a guess at it being from the late 90's/early 00's?(anyone?)

Funnily enough my folks have recently bought the same model you have and their old boat is an Ocean 30 which is also missing from the poster.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2020 at 20:30, SteveO said:

There's quite a few older models missing - The 38/42 centre cockpits and as you say the Bourne 35's. I can think of others.

I suspect they'd retired those models by the time that chart was produced, potentially because the mould tools were tired and weren't worth replacing?

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, raybo58 said:

i have just requied an ex herbert woods river cruiser Astral light 40 ft 12ft beam  and i need a mould for the top deck at front of boat does anyone know where i could get one from .

Think they were originally an E Collins of Wroxham build.

• 1 month later...
On 29/03/2018 at 08:27, C.Ricko said:

I think we probably had the last 3 pearls but can't be sure... 

the T60 moulds could be had for a lot less than £95k! 

The T50 were supposedly sold but are still where they were ..

Why would anyone outside the industry see it as an issue that the old moulds were being disposed of? 

We now own the Sealne t50 moulds, see our website at quaylineboats.co.uk. the product is now the Quayline Q50.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello  Quayline,

is there any info on the Q50? I have some stock and parts for the sealine T50 including engine / electrical parts and a set of patio doors, let me know if you would like to know what parts i have which  are specific to your build or suitable. I could do a package

good luck with your venture.

On 29/10/2020 at 20:14, C.Ricko said:

Hello  Quayline,

is there any info on the Q50? I have some stock and parts for the sealine T50 including engine / electrical parts and a set of patio doors, let me know if you would like to know what parts i have which  are specific to your build or suitable. I could do a package

good luck with your venture.

Hi, thanks for your message . Can you email me the parts you have and contact number . My email quayline67@gmail.com. Thanks Quayline International Boats , west quay road, Poole BH15 1JD. 

• 7 months later...
On 05/09/2020 at 19:42, raybo58 said:

i have just requied an ex herbert woods river cruiser Astral light 40 ft 12ft beam  and i need a mould for the top deck at front of boat does anyone know where i could get one from .

They were indeed. Built as Astral Emblem 1,2+3.

Astral Light 2, L995 had a fibreglass deck, but I don't know if that wasas a repair or if she was built like that. She also had aluminium framed windows either side of the forward cabin. 

Astral Light 1 and 3 (L994 and L993 respectively) both definitely had wooden decks. Both had port holes for the forward cabin. 

I bought AL1, L994 from Herbert Woods in 2001. Re-engined it with a Vetus 4.65 and hydraulic drive. Also had the cabin sides stripped back to varnished iroko, galley and saloon refitted, warm air heating and the upholstery redone.

Sold her in 2011? to a chap from Yorkshire iirc who eventually moved her up to the Trent in 2015/6? Possibly interested in buying her back, but currently curious as to her condition/whereabouts... 

Which Astral Light did you acquire? They're nice spacious family boats that, thanks to a decent hull, respond well to the helm and are easily single handed too. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Astral Emblems were built by Ernest Collins when they were owned by the Trafford family, who also owned Jack Powles.

The hull of the 3 Astral Emblems is the Powles 40 seagoing hull that was used / adapted for use for many of the Powles fleet, as well as Collins and Moores, in the 1970s.   Powles did their own moulding for a time in a disused bonded warehouse in Norwich but by the time the Astral Emblems were built, i don’t know if that site had been discontinued and done by Aquafibre instead? Anyone know when Powles quit the Norwich site?

I guess all the superstructure moulds that could be used with the Powles hull have long since been broken up. The “classic” Powles centre cockpit superstructure put on a Powles hull in 1982 to create Kerrymore (now owned by me) must have been the very last hire craft built using these mouldings. Please correct me if anyone thinks different. 

• Like 1