Duchess 2

It was December, 2009, when we bought the now named Friday Girl from Barnes Brinkcraft. Over the years they have been most helpful

When I last went to her I noticed the forward fender missing and its attachment broken off. I've been trying for some months to source one and as a last chance I emailed Matthew Thwaites (co-owner, BB) to ask for help.

And here is what arrived by return of post (alongside the old one):

58ca83390aef1_IMG_8245(2).thumb.JPG.d5dfe278cc7d7d1de01b7da716ca4141.JPG

Now that's service!    :clap   :clap   :clap

Edited by Hockham Admiral
Added "co-owner, BB"
  • Like 16

Hi John,

Years ago, back in the 90s, i was after a 2 burner, oven and grill gas cooker for my yacht Mistral. While we were on one of Maffett Cruisers boats, John said he had recently taken the cooker out of Merlin, as i did`nt have the then required flame out system. He then went and found it and told me to put it in my car. It`s still on Mistral now.

• Like 1

When we had our Sheerline 950 AC, I opened the oven door one day and the glass panel in it shattered in  pieces all over the floor. I tried to locate a new oven door but could not do so. I contacted Sheerline who also tried to find one but spares for that cooker ( only 4 years old) were  no longer available. James at Sheerline even rang round everywhere he knew to see if any one had a used cooker he could cannibalise but to no avail. What made it trickier was that the oven and hob were separate units and only a full new cooker was available, which meant considerable alteration was required to the woodwork in the galley. We were moored at Ely at the time and the marina owner was not the most obliging person in the world when it came to having work done by outside operatives,  ,so we took the boat out on to the quay, where we were met by the late  owner of Sheerline, Peter Applegate, ,who took,out the oven and photographed the area. He returned at a later date with a carpenter and gas fitter and installed a new cooker and altered the galley to accommodate the new arrangement. So well was it done you couldn't see  where the alteration had been made. Both visits were timed to  coincide with other jobs in the same area so as minimise the travel costs to us. The whole job cost less than we could have bought the cooker for from a dealer. That's what I call service. We still get the same service from them now, they've just sorted an electrical problem with the minimum of cost and fuss, that's why we  buy Sheerline boats, they're built to a very commendable standard and the after sales service is second to none,

Carole

• Like 5

2 hours ago, addicted said:

that's why we  buy Sheerline boats, they're built to a very commendable standard and the after sales service is second to none,

Couldn't agree more! Had a couple of jobs done by them last year and they were done very well and at a very competitive price.

Mind you, while we were moored with Barnes, we always had good work carried out by them and at a very, very reasonable cost too.

• Like 1