Your Favorite Mooring Locations

ranworthbreeze

Mine has to be

Salhouse

How Hill

Mud Weight Barton Broad

The Chet

Johnny Crowes Staithe

My list could go on and just about mooring anywhere on the Broads suits me, the only place I won't moor is the Yacht Station at Great Yarmouth, broke a nail trying to climb off the boat once, never again lol

Grace

• Like 5

Berney Arms on a misty night.

Salhouse Broad. Anchored at the Wroxham End.

Reedham

Beccles at the Lido mooring.

Ferry Inn Surlingham.

(and one I avoid...Oulton Broad Yacht Station......unless there is a special event on at the tramway museum. Then its number one on the above list!)

• Like 2

The problem with this wonderful topic started by our Alan is that with each post I think, oh yeah I love that one too, I agree with every single post

I forgot to mention this one, Acle Bridge, either side of the pub or Bridge, you can't beat taking a long walk along the moorings, chatting to people that are moored there for the exact same reasons as yourself, especially at sunset and you see all the boat windows beginning to light up and glow, something special about that

Sorry Alan, that makes number six for me, then there's Fleet Dyke and have to agree with Fred, the Berney Arms at night, creepy and magical at the same time, would be more appropriate for this topic to be called Your top 50 Mooring Locations :naughty:

Grace

• Like 5

Interesting to see how often Salhouse Broad and Surlingham Ferry keep cropping up.

No mention of Wroxham, Horning, Potter, Stalham or Ranworth. Wonder why?

Not sure I would like to spend the night on Surlingham Broad because of the rise and fall of tide. Might find yourself sitting on an old wherry in the morning!

I like to moor anywhere out in the country, on broad or riverbank, where I can get up just before dawn and see what comes flying overhead.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Interesting to see how often Salhouse Broad and Surlingham Ferry keep cropping up.

No mention of Wroxham, Horning, Potter, Stalham or Ranworth. Wonder why?

Not sure I would like to spend the night on Surlingham Broad because of the rise and fall of tide. Might find yourself sitting on an old wherry in the morning!

I like to moor anywhere out in the country, on broad or riverbank, where I can get up just before dawn and see what comes flying overhead.

I love Ranworth although obviously it gets busy.  Also Oulton Broad, Loddon and Langley Duke.

We are not into mud weighting as always need access to get Rosie on and off for her constitutional.

Hardley Mill

Langley Dyke

Womack Dyke

North Cove 

Any wild mooring with access to walkies!

We too have to rely on bank mooring because of our pooches. As others have said there are so many pleasant moorings it is difficult to actually pick the special ones.

What about the moorings people avoid for one reason or another? Certainly GYYS for me! I also don't like being lined up stern-on in a line of boats overnight, places like Loddon, Hoveton or Ranworth. I find it claustrophobic!  

• Like 1

Since I've not been 'down sarf' yet and consider myself very much a newbie my list is obviously based on restricted experience.  Still I think my favourites list includes one of two moorings not mentioned yet.  Unfortunately several depend on getting under 'that bridge'.  Here goes:

Gaye's staithe

A wild mooring on the bend near the entrance to the dyke that leads to Martham Broad (haven't actually moored overnight there yet, but it was so peaceful during a day-time mooring).

Deep Go Dyke

Fleet Dyke

Mud-weighing on Hickling Broad.  The downside of this one is having to take the dog ashore in a dinghy for its constitutional which is a bit of a faff but worth it.

Helen

• Like 1