Woodbastwick Moorings

marshman

I just wish that the long view included the needs of boaters in an area of the Broads where public mooring facilities are desperately needed. So much of the system seems to be controlled by a few wealthy families who seem to make their own rules. I have nothing against the Cators but I speak as I find and I don't find their recent actions relating to Perci's Island or the Woodbastwick moorings particularly public-spirited.

Steve

• Like 2

There is a rumour from "another place" that the Woodbastwick moorings have actually reopened - trouble is some confuse them with Cockshoot! I will check over the next few days, if no one beats me to it.

Hope thats true - if so, commonsense prevails even if you might have to pay a charge.

I am delighted to report that the Woodbastwick moorings seem to have reopened, and as a bonus the permissive path to Cockshoot moorings and the broad have also been restored as before from opposite the Ferry

Commonsense seems to have prevailed - for the time being!!

• Like 8

On 4/12/2017 at 0:11 AM, johnsherz said:

My missus will be chuffed to hear that - no doubt we'll be stopping there next time so that she can feed that big fat white goose that hangs around there!

Rumour has it that the goose disappeared, just before Christmas!

Whilst on the 'C' theme, only ten or twelve weeks to go before Lathams start selling decorations again, whoopee! Mention of the 'C' word should go down a storm with our Gracie! Not long now, only eight months to go.

• Like 3

Honestly, Jean is going to be so cross with you for mentioning the C word before she has, it's not even Easter yet, I can see our Pesky Iain looking down and doing the :norty:Jean and I used to get such a telling off if we mentioned it even in October lol

It's great news about the moorings, I'm with Andy about watching the world go. The pub looks lovely from there at night, all lit up, used to really enjoy sitting out at night watching the hustle and bustle at the pub, a nosy type of persons idea of heaven, not that I'm nosy or anything :naughty:

Grace

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Gracie said:

Oh Andy, you do surprise me, you can't put a price on sitting on a boat and keeping an eye on things (being nosy in our case) :naughty:

Grace

Very true Gracie  but over the year  it would be a lot of money :shocked. St benet's abbey it is then:nosey:. Hope you are enjoying your weekendcheers

• Like 1