Woodbastwick Moorings

marshman

12 minutes ago, marshman said:

Quite!!  What a shame really but having said this, someone has to earn enough to maintain them, and contrary to some peoples, views, fairies don't actually replace moorings!!!

Ah - but were those subsidies 'earned' ?

I don't have a problem paying for a mooring,at least it keeps most of the hire craft away. They have spent enough on hiring the boat so don't want to pay to moor as well.No more early stops to make sure you get a mooring. There are other private moorings on the river which charge more than this for day and night and also have no facilities either so lets not be too critical of Mr Cator. And they double moor as well.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fishtone said:

I don't have a problem paying for a mooring,at least it keeps most of the hire craft away. They have spent enough on hiring the boat so don't want to pay to moor as well.No more early stops to make sure you get a mooring. There are other private moorings on the river which charge more than this for day and night and also have no facilities either so lets not be too critical of Mr Cator. And they double moor as well.

Er, excuse me? Why would you want to keep hire craft away? 

• Like 5

Sorry folks, I really must protest. The Cators have provided much to the comforts of mooring on the broads. There was much said when the "No Mooring" signs went up, Now they wish those mooring there to contribute to it's upkeep much is being said again.

Why on Earth should they let boats moor there free of charge? If 6 boats moor there per night 365 nights a year ( though I would suspect it to be fewer) that would give an annual income of £17,520. not enough to pay for the renewal of quay heading (every 10 years or so), rates for litter disposal, insurances and so forth.

But no, Instead of gratitude all I read is about the rich getting richer etc. If a private individual is going to do something to help the boating, fishing and twitching fraternity that individual will need to have a fat wallet to start with. and should they feel it necessary for those they help to contribute, then good luck to them. I for one thank them for their efforts.

• Like 18

I assume from what people are saying that the Cator Estate has let the Ferry Inn terminate their lease? Or did they not have a lease? Or have I got it A#$e about face.

Toll up 20%.....

Electric post costs up 40%........

Diesel prices starting to creep back up........

3 moorings that were free BA 24 hour moorings now have fees to be paid locally......

Fuel prices to get there in the first place creeping up further........

Overnight stay at the Waveney River Centre the same price as it has been for years :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Toll up 20%.....

Electric post costs up 40%........

Diesel prices starting to creep back up........

3 moorings that were free BA 24 hour moorings now have fees to be paid locally......

Fuel prices to get there in the first place creeping up further........

Overnight stay at the Waveney River Centre the same price as it has been for years :-)

A few years ago it might have been suggested that the WRC charged over the odds. Now, helped by inflation, those charges might be seen as being reasonable, which I think that they are for what's on offer. Unless things have changed camping charges are higher than those for moorings, lucky are those who visit the WRC by boat!

10 hours ago, MauriceMynah said:

Price match with my supplier then Clive... 25ppl :):):) 

thats half what i pay before i pay the duty, 

If you put that up on here you might encourage a visit from HMRC :RiverPolice

10 minutes ago, C.Ricko said:

thats half what i pay before i pay the duty, 

If you put that up on here you might encourage a visit from HMRC :RiverPolice

Just now, MauriceMynah said:

Just kidding Clive, I make my own diesel (Biodiesel) from used veg oil. 25p a litre is what it costs me and I'm allowed to make up to 2500 litres per rolling year. I make somewhat less than that, about 2000 litres. :) 

Trouble is Clive...our MM is not so much a member of OPEC but Oh' Eck. He's often been accused of being psychic as folks often think of fish and chips when his boat Nyx passes!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MauriceMynah said:

Just kidding Clive, I make my own diesel (Biodiesel) from used veg oil. 25p a litre is what it costs me and I'm allowed to make up to 2500 litres per rolling year. I make somewhat less than that, about 2000 litres. :) 

So that is why there was a pall of white smoke reported over Hickling the other day?

Don't forget that between Ranworth and Salhouse, the land is divided between different members of the Cator family.  I don't know where the land splits are but certainly the Horning bit will be a different one to the Ranworth one.............