Old Broads Boats

webntweb

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi have enjoyed looking at old boats thank you all for bringing back good memories,  

Martham boats have traditional wooden crusier & yachts,  lovley to sale,

Sorry to go off theme,

Starlings at summerlyton every evening just be for dusk near mill ,

We've seen them at different times of year ,just had a week down their watched them every evening along the reedbeds ,only us their, be patient & take a torch well worth the wait, 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Simon, I'm  wondering if the pic isn't misleading.

Looking at the position of the wind pump, I think the view may be of the bend before the one at the moorings.

Here's one of the moorings, showing a low quay heading.

Also one of the other end of the moorings showing the quay heading.

And another one showing that the made up moorings didn't go as far as they do now.

368 How Hill r. Ant.jpg

370 Roy Ernie How Hill r. Ant.jpg

371 Chris How Hill r. Ant.jpg

• Like 4

Our Judith taking up in October after being in the shed for a few years. She'll be back in the water in March ready for the season to start. She use to be Judith 2 at Martham, if anyone has hired her and has photos it would be nice to see them. IMG_0524.jpg

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, PeteBelham said:

Our Judith taking up in October after being in the shed for a few years. She'll be back in the water in March ready for the season to start. She use to be Judith 2 at Martham, if anyone has hired her and has photos it would be nice to see them. IMG_0524.jpg

Hi Pete,

me and a group of friends hired Judith 1 in the summer of 75. It was the first time i went on holiday without family at the age of 17 (60 now lol), is she still in the fleet or still about?.

Hi Pete,
me and a group of friends hired Judith 1 in the summer of 75. It was the first time i went on holiday without family at the age of 17 (60 now lol), is she still in the fleet or still about?.
Last time I saw Judith 1 was around 1992 by the boat sheds and not in the best of states.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeteBelham said:

Last time I saw Judith 1 was around 1992 by the boat sheds and not in the best of states.

The survival rate of Martham Judith's is actually pretty good. With Maggie Jane, Judith M and Judy all going strong with their original raised decks and Judith Windmill and the two still in hire representing the later modified versions I reckon thats 6 still in existance, all of which will be afloat next season.

• Like 4

By the way, I had the chance to return Chloe Jane (now back in my ownership) to the broads last week. A damp and misty Monday greeted us at Windsor a few days ago where she was carefully loaded and secured for her return journey to familiar waters.

IMG_1800.thumb.JPG.bbcb3e7e13bd6ddd758584e2392120b7.JPGIMG_1798.thumb.JPG.79fe1d2d4a6672f362dd8bfdf2d72e4f.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

By the way, I had the chance to return Chloe Jane (now back in my ownership) to the broads last week. A damp and misty Monday greeted us at Windsor a few days ago where she was carefully loaded and secured for her return journey to familiar waters.

IMG_1800.thumb.JPG.bbcb3e7e13bd6ddd758584e2392120b7.JPGIMG_1798.thumb.JPG.79fe1d2d4a6672f362dd8bfdf2d72e4f.JPG

She looks like one of the old Aston Cairn / Lion classes. We had a screen saver of one of them along with "Telscombe", another real old classic moored in Upton boat basin. which was taken about 2005 ish.

15 hours ago, PeteBelham said:

Wonderfull, another Judith on the water, is it coming to Beccles next year ? that would make 3 Judiths I think.

Is this what was Judith Windmill ?

Vintage Wooden boat show / Gathering.  10/11th Aug.  However most of us meet up at OBYS Friday for a cruise in company down Beccles on the Saturday.  You should contact Dave (Janet Ann) requesting a mooring / slot etc as it is his baby.  There is a thread running in here somewhere or t'other re this years gathering and the classic boat magazine that featured Dave's event.  Hope this helps,

Griff

• Like 1

Vaughan - Ace of Hearts?  I was in someones house the other day and lo and behold, there was a black and white photo of Ace of Hearts stuck on his wall - used to belong to the blokes brother!! Look at this thread and there she is!!! Again - within a week or so .

What a coincidence!!

3 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Vintage Wooden boat show / Gathering.  10/11th Aug.  However most of us meet up at OBYS Friday for a cruise in company down Beccles on the Saturday.  You should contact Dave (Janet Ann) requesting a mooring / slot etc as it is his baby.  There is a thread running in here somewhere or t'other re this years gathering and the classic boat magazine that featured Dave's event.  Hope this helps,

Griff

Dont listen to him peeps he's clearly not using a proper calendar :facepalm:

We meet OBYS Thursday and cruise Friday. Saturday is show day!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1