Old Broads Boats

webntweb

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

I was musing over the same question - My guess its the corner at Horning by the Mucky Duck

Griff

Ah, OK, that's before my time. So in the background is that the corner by the Swan with Horning Sailing Club just off camera to the right? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, webntweb said:

And there's a very attractive large day boat hidden between the two. Silver Dart which according to Craig was still around in 2017.

391 Ernie Swan corner Horning.jpg

I believe that I know her and something of her history. Her registration is, I think, W, she's a Waveney boat that once belonged to a Mr Bent of Beccles.

• Like 1

On 12/01/2019 at 21:13, webntweb said:

And there's a very attractive large day boat hidden between the two. Silver Dart which according to Craig was still around in 2017.

391 Ernie Swan corner Horning.jpg

The day boat W714 is indeed still very much around .... she is used as a ferry by the Barton House Railway on their open days. Second row, middle picture:

http://www.bartonhouserailway.co.uk/gallery/

As much as I'd like to take the credit for knowing this, I was actually sent the link to share (thank you Andrew :default_cool:)

Great photos btw Roy.

Carol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Admiral VII - My most favourite woody of all time.  Spent many holidays onboard her.  Wonder where she is now?

Griff

Think she's on the Thames at Oxford. If you look at the BeautifulBritain and the Nationalhistoricships websites there are articles on her.

Roy

• 1 month later...